GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
An all wheel drive crossover, inspired by the AMC Eagle.

Model: Chevrolet Graffiti
Year: 2011-
Class: Mid-size crossover
Body styles: 4-door liftback
Engines: LNJ V6 (Base), LY7 V6 (Optional)
Transmission: 5-speed manual (Base), 6-speed automatic (Optional)
Layout: F4 (Base)
Platform: GM Theta platform (Long wheelbase)
Competitor: Subaru Outback

Technically it's a 4-door liftback on crossover platform. The proportions should be similar to AMC's Eagle Wagon.

Comments are welcome!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Ooh. Spiffy. Good work. Keep it up!

·
Registered
803 Posts
I think the name would be fine for a concept vehicle, but I don't know if many people would buy a car called "Graffiti".

I like the idea. However it just seems like it should be wearing a different badge. I'll leave that up to you to decide.

Overall, I think it's a very aggressive design, and it works. Looks to be a capable, and very sporty car. Great job.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
An all wheel drive crossover, inspired by the AMC Eagle.

Model: Chevrolet Graffiti
Year: 2011-
Class: Mid-size crossover
Body styles: 4-door liftback
Engines: LNJ V6 (Base), LY7 V6 (Optional)
Transmission: 5-speed manual (Base), 6-speed automatic (Optional)
Layout: F4 (Base)
Platform: GM Theta platform (Long wheelbase)
Competitor: Subaru Outback

Technically it's a 4-door liftback on crossover platform. The proportions should be similar to AMC's Eagle Wagon.

Comments are welcome!
Unfortunately, I can't see it from work. Just out of curiousity though, what are the specs on the LNJ V6?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Unfortunately, I can't see it from work. Just out of curiousity though, what are the specs on the LNJ V6?

Comments are welcome!

This is remincient of the Monte Carlo/Grand Prix Aero from the mid 80s. It was a bum seller and only appealed to the NASCAR set. This car would be an "Aztek" if they built it, which they'd be fools if they did. Americans for some reason are adverse to Hatchbacks too, which this looks like. Also, look at the previous Malibu Maxx which was actually a neat car, but a bum seller. Also, is that some kind of "folding fabric sun roof" or something? The Graffiti name won't be "Hip" enough either. How about "Graphatee" pronounced "Gra-Fatty" The concept, idea and drawing are non starters. How about drawing a Silverado 4 door sedan, perhaps a Cadillac DTS 2 door Camper, or even a 6-wheel Chevy Aveo 2 door with a Landau vinyl top! Same concept as this drawing.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've chose the name because the car is supposed to attract younger buyers.

As for the specs of the LNJ V6, it's a 3.4 L (204) engine, that makes 185 hp (138 kW) and 210 lb·ft (285 N·m), it is used in Chevrolet Equinox and Pontiac Torrent crossovers.

I was also working on this rendered (colored) version with MS Paint, but currently i don't have much free time to complete it:

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
I'm not a fan of the name, sorry. Looks good, one of your better ones, but there's just something about the angle you always draw at, that drives me bonkers! :blink:

The back reminds me of the old Monte Carlo Aero Coupes. I saw one a couple of weeks ago near my house on Thanksgiving Sunday.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts