GM Inside News Forum banner
81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
13,173 Posts
keep in mind the Audi is putting over 200 to the wheels... The GM motor will be SAE cert. Which actually means it's 220 bhp. So less than 200 at the wheels.
Audi a4 sells very well andakes 210hp at the flywheel NOT at wheels

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
How many of this car does GM expect to sell per year?

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
I had a chance to sit in one CXL in silver/black on Saturday, just saw GS concept in Toronto Car Show in February. I was very impressed and pleased even for lower priced CXL trim. The other dealership had only one that was already sold and left the lot. I got Regal brochure with specs and I really liked it but I did not like trade in value for my Allure 05':(. Barely 26% residual value, ouch.

I am absolutely positive that this car will be a huge hit, however in Canada people will eagerly buy German built car instead union made "domestic". Bailout disaster really hurt GM and that why GM Canada sales are in a dump.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I am absolutely positive that this car will be a huge hit, however in Canada people will eagerly buy German built car instead union made "domestic". Bailout disaster really hurt GM and that why GM Canada sales are in a dump.
Huh. You'd think Canada would be less bothered by that since they have far less "small government" and libertarian beliefs compared to America.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Huh. You'd think Canada would be less bothered by that since they have far less "small government" and libertarian beliefs compared to America.
This is very regional, to the west in Alberta and Saskatchewan I'd say this is more true. People here hate big government and the so-called nanny state almost as much as Texan's do. Go east to Ontario and Quebec, where 1/2 the population is, and the attitudes are much different. I think the bailout was part of the problem, but more so is that Canadians love small cars that are fuel misers. GM has not been perceived to have a lead in such products and this surely contributed to the decline in sales.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Link: http://wardsauto.com/ar/buick_regal_inventory_105028/

By James M. Amend - WardsAuto.com, May 28, 2010

SAN DIEGO, CA – Buick Marketing Manager Roger McCormack says

The Regal also provides the brand its first legitimate shot at building a “Buick garage,” McCormack says.

“An owner could have an Enclave as the vehicle he uses for the family and a Regal for commuting to work or taking his wife to dinner,”
I have that already! :D

The Grand National for weekend duty...
The Rainier to go on vacation...
The Regal GS to go to work etc. :yup:

81 - 87 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.