GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Re: 2010 Opel/Saturn Astra Spied (remember Flextreme?)

Saturn just got their Astra... a new one on the way already?

·
Registered
4,823 Posts

While we just got the Astra, it is 4 years old in Europe..

·
Registered
981 Posts

If it is like the Flextreme concept I will not like it. The current design theme for Opel is agressive and sporty, and I think that the flextreme is the opposite. Its too bad really because I love the astra, and this is just the wrong direction.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts

The Astra in Europe is actually getting a bit tired... still looks okay, but it's not the style leader. Not that it ever really was the leader... but it's not the freshest car out there.

Actually, one thing I don't like about Opel is just how close many of their models look. I think they need to make a better effort to differentiate various models (Vectra from Astra, for example). If all your cars look much tyhe same when one gets a bit dated the others will too. Of course they need a family resemblance, but I've mistaken a Vectra for an Astra.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts

If it is like the Flextreme concept I will not like it. The current design theme for Opel is agressive and sporty, and I think that the flextreme is the opposite. Its too bad really because I love the astra, and this is just the wrong direction.
If you actually look at the spy photo, there's very little resemblance to the Flextreme. It's much more an evolution of the current model.

·
Banned
1,586 Posts
Maybe they will add a cup holder or two to tame the car critics.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

The Astra in Europe is actually getting a bit tired... still looks okay, but it's not the style leader. Not that it ever really was the leader... but it's not the freshest car out there.

Actually, one thing I don't like about Opel is just how close many of their models look. I think they need to make a better effort to differentiate various models (Vectra from Astra, for example). If all your cars look much tyhe same when one gets a bit dated the others will too. Of course they need a family resemblance, but I've mistaken a Vectra for an Astra.
Hard to compete against the Ford Focus, because the Europeans got a great deal with that car and it is very popular, especially with the upcoming RS with Evo rivaling power and awd.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
it's shape will be evolutionary but not spectacular. I hope they won't ruin the GTC which compared to 5d Astra has always been spectacular.

Maybe they will add a cup holder or two to tame the car critics.
I always laughed at the cup holder hype, but everytime I am an Audi passenger I have thoughts 'I wish I had this goodie in my Astra'

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Looks good so far! I like how they left space on each side of the grill, its the only think I don't like about the current Astra. Makes it look cheap in a way. I hope they give it more power and send it over the pond as soon as its done! It would look sweet sitting next to the next generation Aura.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.