GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Hate the smiley grill look. It does not convey exotic or speed, just happy in a dopey kind of way.

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
Looks better (in a Mazda-ish kind of way) then their last couple of really bad looking concepts....I can't think of the name of that last one, but it was astonishingly ungainly looking from all angles, like Aztek-on-acid-meets-vacuum cleaner.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
looks decent enuf, but a 550hp front engine AWD V10? That takes away all the coolness of the previous NSX. The old NSX was cool for being rear engine/rear drive! Mabey a upgrade to a V8 instead of the old V6 would be fine, but V10 and AWD, No Way. I say rear mount V8, rear drive, and in the $80,000 range. This new "NSX" dosent even hold any ties to the last one, so why bring back a name it has nothing in common with?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
doesnt that look strangely familiar to those old supra illustrations from awhile back? except with a new grille and a different badge?

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
I still would have loved to see the HSC put into production. That was a great looking concept.

-Chase

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
The HSC looks awesome, I have always liked it! But it looked a little to supercar-ish for Honda/Acura.
I THINK I know the car you both referred to...but will Google it. If it is the car I am thinking of, a real bummer it did not go into production.

...okay...checked...yup that was the one...stunning!

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
The HSC looks awesome, I have always liked it! But it looked a little to supercar-ish for Honda/Acura.
I remember seeing the NSX when I was a kid and thought it was sooooo Exotic. It sort of seemed like the tangible supercar IMO... It was sort of in a league of its own.

-Chase

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I remember seeing the NSX when I was a kid and thought it was sooooo Exotic. It sort of seemed like the tangible supercar IMO... It was sort of in a league of its own.

-Chase
Yeah totally agree! I always liked the NSX. And yeah they were expensive, but semi-tangible like you said. Like mabey one day I might be able to afford one! And yeah, they were V6, but that exotic look and rear engine made it seem Ferrari-esque. They wernt really any other cars like it around! Very unique, and thats what sucks about the "new NSX". It seems to be using the same recipe as just about every other thing on the road, not to mention it will be in 911 Turbo price range!

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Not so sure I like where this is going. I prefer Acura's harsher & edgier look.

·
Banned
1,083 Posts
Let's just hope the car can bring Honda out of the Dark Ages they have been living in. If there is an automaker that epitomizes ancient, archaic technology, Honda would be it.
I mean, their most advanced engine is like a clumsy, lumpy SOHC V6 that doesn't even have exhaust cam phasing yet! If that ain't dinosaur technology, I don't know what is. Heck! Even Hyundai has a more advanced family of engines.
Hyundai, for crying out loud!
Honda also has to upgrade that 5-speed automatic of theirs. I mean, it's seen service for what -- 10 years now? How many of those clunky, old, rusting transmissions do they have in inventory, anyways?
Man! When the rest of the motoring world is offering like CVT's with manual modes, 6+ speed automatics that shift with buttery smoothness and can handle well in excess of 300 horsepower and series hybrid automatics that return 4-cylinder MPG in a full-size Tahoe chassis that weighs over 5,000 lbs, the only automatic Honda has in their portfolio is some old clunky shifter that gives you a swift kick in the pants every time it shifts gears when going uphill.

Hopefully, this new car will bring Honda into the year 2000. Or the year 2005. Better yet, let's hope it'll bring them at least at or near where the rest of the motoring world is today.
We can only hope.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Hopefully, this new car will bring Honda into the year 2000. Or the year 2005. Better yet, let's hope it'll bring them at least at or near where the rest of the motoring world is today.
We can only hope.
Give me the Lexus LF-A instead please...

God help them if this things gets produced and thrown up against the GT-R.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts