GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
TY for the link, Escapen

[broken record]
this is shaping up to be the best looking Mustang since (probably/at least) 1968 imho!
...to the point that it's making me rethink all my Cougar dreams/demands (I have NO Higher praise!)

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
I took a trip to MPG today and with the help of binoculars i did see a few Mustang testers on the part of the test track that was visible to me. No nude ones though i think they are going to keep the wacky spotted paint on until it's unveiled in L.A However i can't wait for the day when new testers for the new Taurus start showing up there

·
Registered
6,105 Posts

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
Changes look rather unremarkable...bring us a Cougar

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hmmm....Headlights looks Mean the taillights look like they will look good too.

However, There is no danger in me getting a Stang instead of the Camaro.

Its 2009 Yet?:lmao:

Looks the same to me; I'd take a Challenger or Camaro any day over this...
You would take a Challenger over a Stang in the Styling dept? The overall Styling of the side of the Challenger is flat.

For Me.
1. Camaro
2. Stang
3. Challenger

·
Registered
394 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Ummmm.... what is the big deal? It looks virtually identical to the current car! This is so bland and unimaginative. They should have gone with the beautiful Italian concept.

Nick

Keep in mind Concorde this is NOT a full blown redesign it's a MCE. and unlike a typical MCE this one gives new exterior styling, new powertrains, and a slightly redone interior. Other than those changes the platform will stay the same and it will be a few more years before the stang gets a full redesign

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
Changes look rather unremarkable...bring us a Cougar
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
We would all want that but there is no sign of that being able to happen til my13 at the earliest:(
[broken record]
this is shaping up to be the best looking Mustang since (probably/at least) 1968 imho!
...to the point that it's making me rethink all my Cougar dreams/demands (I have NO Higher praise!)
see I used to think it'd be practically impossible to build a Mustang-based Cougar that wouldn't piss off or disappoint one chunk of customers or another (mainly long time fans)
but this new Mustang is soo damm(sp) goodlooking, I'm changing my mind
&
think (if necessary) they oughta evict Mazda from FlatRock
(& I *like* Mazda!)

Imho these last couple/few years of the D2C platform are a PRIME Time to re-intro the Cougar
(& with a little exchange of trunk-length for more wheelbase - a new Cat could accomodate 4 adults without being any longer overall; so it'd still technically fit into the SmallMerc doctrine :D)

when (NOT if) the GRwd platform arrives, Then might be the time to do "something completely different" for Cougar and let the next-next-Stang's platform-mate move to H.R.L.incoln-hood...

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks great.
Can't believe that this heavily updated model will actually beat the Camaro to market.
I know, its really funny. But in GMs defence (which as you all know I dont take very often), it prob wont have the good powerplants to fully compete at launch.

Looks the same to me; I'd take a Challenger or Camaro any day over this...
Its an evolutionary thing, people have to rag on this car because it was first, it never left the market, and the Challenger and Camaro are brand new.

Ummmm.... what is the big deal? It looks virtually identical to the current car! This is so bland and unimaginative. They should have gone with the beautiful Italian concept.

Thats the point, ill be interested to see the Camaro in 4-5 years and what GM does to its body. I imagine with these retro styled cars, they have to be careful to keep its design integrity intact. The Mustang looks good though I think.

Nick

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is this it COMPLETELY revealed!?!?

Autoblog is reporting a supposed total reveal off a spanish speaking site

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/10/22/2010-ford-mustang-fully-revealed/

The rear looks about right, but the frint makes me think its a off balance teaser or something significant is missing. I hood is supposed to have more of a hump right?

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
shoot
the link isn't working now :(
just a list of all the previous articles ...

if either of you saved any pix, PM/email me, please?

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's a photoshop.

The rear looks pretty accurate when compared to the spy shots, though.
Thanks, these are the ones. I still think the Front is not close to what we'll see in about 2 weeks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts