1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Not bad but for once I an say the Chevy has nothing to worry about. The Cruze which should stay Cobalt is much nicer.

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope they offer a Mazda3 Grand Touring - with the lux features like they do on the 6. With the ever increasing cost of vehicle ownership and the down economy - a luxury compact could have great appeal.

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
It's sort of a mix between a Honda Civic, maybe a Chrysler Nassau concept, and bland, but it's high-tech looking with the two instrument panels--something I'm still okay with. And I can't say it's offensive. It certainly kicks the butt of, well I won't say it.

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Looks to have heated seats and with all those buttons on the steering wheel I would be suprised if it has blue tooth - just a guess. The early press pictures appear to have a small black button on the exterior door handles which would meet this car will most likely have a smart key with keyless ignition as an option. Seeing as how the current gen has an available navigation system - I expect this to have one as well. Also, the current generation has optional HID headlamps - and the early press pictures indicate that this one will as well. That combined with the slick LED tail lamps - and this could come off as a high tech compact.

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its very button happy.
And the Cruze is not? I would say they are both similar in their button happy interior design schemes. With the current Accord going button happy - I would expect the all new Civic to also go button happy. This is the new style...so Mazda is right on target.

The number of buttons don't bother me as long as they are well laid out and offer slick user friendly functions.

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
Other pictures I saw of it a few weeks back from another angle looked better. This seems a bit too busy, though if they got rid of the information console (the one at the top) and arranged it a bit better I would tend to agree more with it. Though this reminds me a lot of the current Civic which is also quite annoying with all the lights and bells.

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Other pictures I saw of it a few weeks back from another angle looked better. This seems a bit too busy, though if they got rid of the information console (the one at the top) and arranged it a bit better I would tend to agree more with it. Though this reminds me a lot of the current Civic which is also quite annoying with all the lights and bells.
Do you have links to post of the other pictures?

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Wow, I was really anticipating seeing it and worrying that the cruze would be dated already before it was produced. Not that I don't like the new mazda 3 interior, as I do and the interior is quite nice, but I am happy to see that it is not above the new cruze interms of style!! In fact I find it slightly resembles the current civic. 'RESEMBLES' is all.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
The Cruze has a better interior.

·
Premium Member
4,275 Posts
I really like it. It looks like its driver centered and it looks like they borrowed the old DIC from the SAAB 9-3 on the topside of the dash. I was pissed when GM got rid of that.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I really like it. It looks like its driver centered and it looks like they borrowed the old DIC from the SAAB 9-3 on the topside of the dash. I was pissed when GM got rid of that.
I wasn't impressed with that part of the 9-3 interior redesign, either.

I do like the way this interior looks, it's nice to see such good choices (this, the Cruze) available.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.