GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44,165 Posts
HMmm.... must be on the S80/MKS/Taurus/Sable global platform....
I've always wondered if Mazda was ever going to resurrect the 929....

What's with the Citroen-ish rear fastback design?

·
Registered
906 Posts
So they combined styling cues of an Audi R8 front with the love child rear of a Porsche Panamera mated with a Toyota Prius? Mazda has been making some sharp looking cars lately but this is a huge step in the wrong direction, though not at all unexpected. The jump between the modern car and the super sleek electric car of the future is going to be filled with dozens of ugly evolutionary dead ends.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Not bad looking, but the front doesn't really flow that well with the rear of the car to me. I've really liked most of the recent Mazda designs and this is probably my least favorite.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Why would I want that big of a sedan with so little rear headroom? The front end sucks too. (I generally like Mazda styling.) I hope the "rendering" is way off.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Damn, and I thought the Passat CC looked like sex on wheels.....

I really like the looks of this mazda 9 rendering

·
Registered
17,579 Posts
Gosh, I hope this is just an AutoBild-style hoax - as much as I'd like the 929/Sentia/Millenia to make a return, this would simply make Ford's product planning worse than GM's in mid-nineties.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
I think the design of the Mazda9 is ok. It needs some tweaking done to the design. maybe a small rear deck along w/a rise in the beltline alongside the rear side window & the elimation of the small rearest side window. Possibly a redesigned front fascia as well.

·
Registered
17,579 Posts
Basically, you want it to be a wholly different vehicle.

BTW, I am relieved, this is just an imaginary work from CWW.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Basically, you want it to be a wholly different vehicle.

BTW, I am relieved, this is just an imaginary work from CWW.
If this was directed at me then my answer is "no", just a little tweaking to the design is all that is needed. So I'm not asking for much.:) Its already a whole different vehicle from the Ford models.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts