GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Wow, it looks good for an entry level car. I reminds me a bit of the Saturn Sky up front. And of course I see other Mazda cues in the front and sides.

·
Registered
181 Posts
It's definitely an awesome looking little car overall but I'm just not so sure about that front end.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
As someone from south Boston would say, that's wicked good gaw-geous.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
We had a 3 come in for an oil change today. With out a 1 Import Dealer in our area, I can say the "The Mazda 3 is WAY NICER than the 08 Focus!"

Why does Ford do that? I thought it was a "6" out in the parking lot.

·
Registered
7,874 Posts
And the Cruze just got put the shame and its still 2 years out.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
i dont believe the cruze got put to shame beside the fact that the cruze is going after a different crowd the fuel sippers the cobalt goes after the 3's enthusiast crowd and hopefully the balt will get a redo

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
And the Cruze just got put the shame and its still 2 years out.
Ha, that's what I was thinking. Then again, the Cruze goes against the Caliber and Focus, not so much the Mazda3...... the 3 is friggin awesome looking!

·
Registered
185 Posts
NO, NO, NO!
This is all wrong..

I hate how Nissan & Mitsubishi... and now Mazda are making their entry level cars look like their larger models [or just trying to make all their cars look similar... corporate waterfall Ford grille anyone?]. The Sentra used to be nice looking, now it's.... a box [miniature Altima/Maxima?]. This car is much shorter than the 6.. therefore it looks "smooshed." Taillights are entirely too far around the rear fender [because everybody likes to use taillights today how they used to use reflectors yesterday] and the front end is horrible. Bland......

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
I think you speak for the minority and i suspect that the 3 will kill the cruze for dynamic abilities and performance, like it does currently with most of it's class competitiors;)
Not at all. The Astra is the same speed, gets similar mpg and offers very similar features. It doesn't beat the Astra at all and at best you can say they are equal, but even then the Astra has superiority over the Mazda3.

Mazda has yet to produce an engine that can even come close to matching the engine specs from the Cruze. The majority in this thread are Ford fans, such as yourself. Though this car looks good, it only looks a bit tweaked from the current generation, whereas the Cruze has bold and defining lines which I also find extremely nice.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Not at all. The Astra is the same speed, gets similar mpg and offers very similar features. It doesn't beat the Astra at all and at best you can say they are equal, but even then the Astra has superiority over the Mazda3.

Mazda has yet to produce an engine that can even come close to matching the engine specs from the Cruze. The majority in this thread are Ford fans, such as yourself. Though this car looks good, it only looks a bit tweaked from the current generation, whereas the Cruze has bold and defining lines which I also find extremely nice.

Please explain the superiority of astra over the 3?? You claim they are equal then announce the astra has it over the 3? make up your mind. every comparision i've read in Europe and Australia places astra behind the current 3. I didn't know the preference of the new MAZDA 3 over the new cruze made you a Ford fan??
You are a GM fan.

The cruze is a year off the release of the new 3, regardless of what you may say the new 3 is coming off the strong base the current 3 has produced, the cruze??
So the cruze is better looking because the new 3 uses styling elements of the current 3??

Yeah right.

We will see how the cruze fares sales wise against the new 3 world wide shall we? only in the US does the more attractive cars suffer.
In canada doesn't the 3 outsell the cobalt? i can't see that changing with the cruze...

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
Please explain the superiority of astra over the 3?? every comparision i've read in Europe amd Australia places astra behind the current 3. You are GM fan.

The cruze is a year off the release of the new 3, regardless of what you may say the new 3 is coming off the strong base the current 3 has produced, the cruze??
So the cruze is better looking because the new 3 uses styling elements of the current 3??

Yeah right.

We will see how the cruze fares sales wise against the new 3 world wide shall we? only in the US does the more attractive cars suffer.
Did I miss something here? This 3 is slated for 2010 (not sure if its MY though). The Cruze is out in a few months in Europe in a year in a few months for the rest.

The Cruze looks better because it uses unique and bold features. The only bold feature the 3 has is the black plastic on the front bumper that makes it look like a racoon and copying the Nissan GT-R. I'll leave my judgement when I see it in person, but the Cruze looks absolutely wonderful in person.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.