1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Let me get this straight, the Aura is 'sufficient' for now, but a face lifted Sierra (the money loser) is around the corner?

:mad:

·
Banned
8,969 Posts
Looks like GMC is going to change their lights just like Ford had to do to comply to the new headlight law. The second pic shows the amber light is above the headlamp.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Looks like GMC is going to change their lights just like Ford had to do to comply to the new headlight law. The second pic shows the amber light is above the headlamp.

Good eye...anyone think the update could have something to do with the 4.5l diesel as well?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
That looks like a gas engine tail pipe. NOT the diesel. And if it's a 3/4 ton (like the artical says, and note the 8 lug wheels) it will NOT get the 4.5 Diesel
:clap:

·
Banned
8,969 Posts
That looks like a gas engine tail pipe. NOT the diesel. And if it's a 3/4 ton (like the artical says, and note the 8 lug wheels) it will NOT get the 4.5 Diesel
Gas engines turn out to the side and the diesels point towards the back left corner of the bumper. I could be wrong but IMO it's a diesel.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Gas engines turn out to the side and the diesels point towards the back left corner of the bumper. I could be wrong but IMO it's a diesel.

GAS

DIESEL

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
No, it shows the DRL, not an amber light. That is a lower output headllight not an amber light. The amber lights are on the side. The only difference I can see is the grille looks slightly more rounded and I might even be wrong about that.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Oh I posted in the other thread but I'll repeat here.
Looks to be a 2500 Denali HD mule.
Notice it has the 2500 frame and new 8 lug wheels. Has 1500 Denali taillights, door guards and door handles. SLT sidemirrors. Same headlights and bumper as current model. But the grill looks pushed out some or changed. And that exhaust is a gas engine exhaust. The Denali's have the exhaust pointing out the back. So that is a 6.2L. go see at www.gmc.com its the same as the current Denali.

Ok have fun. :)

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Re: 2010 Gmc Sierra Spy Photos.

slightly re-faced as the pics we have seen of the Silverado. Good to keep minor changes up. Like what they should've done with Cobalt since Cruze is 2 years away and better do even more with Impala if staying essentially the same until 2012.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Do you know why they do that? I kinda like the tailpipe off to the side more than the back corner...:confused:
Another thank you for the tree huggers is in order for that deal. Its the purge cycle that the Diesels now have to go through to purge there DPF filters. The purge cycle superheated the exhaust to extream temps over 1000 degrees so I am told and would put the paint at ricks if it were to exit like on pre DPF models or gas models.

I hate the new Superduty upside down looking headlights. Looks like if I want a new GMC, I better get an 09.

·
Registered
270 Posts

Well like in the post above, the diesels had a BIG OL' Venturi thingy (VERY technical) to draw in cool air.... and the gas does not. NOW this IS for the 2500/3500 diesel/gas..... how the 1500 is gonna be I HAVE NO CLUE. So What I was talking about is assuming the 1500's will have the same tail pipe as the 2500/3500 hence why I said I thought it was a gas motor

1 - 20 of 23 Posts