3.5l V6 with 6 speed select-shift automatic

V6 available with AWD

rear-view camera and BLIS
new Navi
Hybrid with dual LCD instrumentation:
Unique Hybrid cluster with Two LCD Screens and
Analog Speedometer In Center

and all other details included in the ORDER GUIDE available here:
http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27544&st=0&p=417729&#entry417729

PS for those interested - order banks for the 2010 Fusion are now open - get your orderr in ;)

(I tried attaching the guide here, but it will not do it)

Igor

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
+1 for the 6-spd manual, even if it is only on the 2.5.

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
With regards to the 3.7l - this is an MCE - and I assume it would require money to add shipments of 3.7l to the streams going to Hermosillo - the 3.5 is already going there and the Sport will no doubt be a small volume edition ...

with regards to Milan - the 3.5l in the Fusion is the sport model. Ford is still positioning the Flex Fuel 3.0l (240-245hp) as the key engine - it also gets better mileage. Also it would be unwise to have the Milan and MKz to be on the same floor with the same engine.

Igor

·
Banned
1,436 Posts
I would like to see Ford add daytime running lights to its models - not just as fleet-only option.

Igor

No way.

DTR are a disaster.
I had them on several GM vehicles and all it did was burn out bulbs and cause electrical problems.

Don't believe me, check out any vehicle on the road that has a brake light out or with a running light or turn signal working, and I will bet that it is probably a late model GM vehicle.

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^^^ I guess - but the first thing I do when I get to my car is turn o nthe packing lights - so I do not care about that - having ANY lights on makes you instantly so much more visible on the road .. just make it an option through the DIC.

just my opinion - but I am from Europe - we have to have full lights on at all times - day night, sunny, rain, summer, winter. It is a habit - like seatbelts.

Igor

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
I would like to see Ford add daytime running lights to its models - not just as fleet-only option.

Igor
Amen. I would too. Ever since I started commuting every day I have learned to love DRL's. Prior to commuting I had no preference, but there are so many IDIOTS on the road that feel the need to not use headlights unless it is pitch dark out! There are days that it is completely cloudy and most AutoLamps will not kick on.

Who says that the MKZ does not get the 3.7L?
The order guide does not have any indication of the 3.7L. I'm sorry I cannot read into the future.

^^^ I guess - but the first thing I do when I get to my car is turn o nthe packing lights - so I do not care about that - having ANY lights on makes you instantly so much more visible on the road .. just make it an option through the DIC.

just my opinion - but I am from Europe - we have to have full lights on at all times - day night, sunny, rain, summer, winter. It is a habit - like seatbelts.

Igor

I would much rather see people have a burned out bulb (that warranty will replace) than to be idiots and not use their lights when they should be.

Out of all my recent GM vehicles, I have had -ONE- bulb go out; and that was the driver's side FOG LAMP on my 2000 Grand Prix. All of them have had DRL's too.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
I really like the front end of the new Fusion from what I can see, but I'm not a fan of going back to the old Focus' taillights. I really like the current Fusion's taillights and I don't see why they are changing them so soon.

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Have your Ford dealer turn the on with his IDS when you buy it.

Heck, even a Focus with out cruise control, all you have to do is change the streering wheel and hook up the IDS and turn Cruise control on.
Interesting. On a related note, I wish the Focus has automatic lights! I miss that so much when I drive mine. I guess I could have the dealership turn on DRL's....

1 - 20 of 95 Posts