GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Looks like the 2010 Ford Fusion might be getting SYNC, what else could explain that gigantic screen?
The Fusion has had SYNC since that system was first available, so I would hope so. And SYNC doesn't require a screen. I think its either in for testing, or the next war zone (like horsepower wars, efficiency wars, etc) will be biggest displays

good find though, im interested to see this as a finished product

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
The Fusion has had SYNC since that system was first available, so I would hope so. And SYNC doesn't require a screen. I think its either in for testing, or the next war zone (like horsepower wars, efficiency wars, etc) will be biggest displays

good find though, im interested to see this as a finished product
this is Ford';s upgraded 8" navi screen from the Flex.

The dash is final - I have seen some pictures before. The overall share is a little bland, but that is really not a key issue with the Fusion - the current one suffered the most because of sub par NVH and the outdated Brick stereo unable to cope with some many new functions.

Igor

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Okay, this car will be the most successful ever because it has Nav...

Oh wait, it has some buttons on the dashboard! FAILURE!!

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,874 Posts
A little bland, but it seems Ford is finally starting to move away from the just using squares everywhere. I think its competitive.

O and we have always heard the G8 doesn't have Nav because the slot is too low due to regulation, but this looks to be about the same thing and yet Ford has a screen in there.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Looking good so far and i will be going to MPG next Monday. Hopefully mother nature will not spoil my plans like it did on Sunday. and the stereo controls do look better than the controls on the current 'brick" stereo

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
A little bland, but it seems Ford is finally starting to move away from the just using squares everywhere. I think its competitive.

O and we have always heard the G8 doesn't have Nav because the slot is too low due to regulation, but this looks to be about the same thing and yet Ford has a screen in there.
there may be some regulation in AUS or Europe, but none in US - for xxxx sake .. look at the Journey!!''

Igor

·
Premium Member
8,641 Posts
there may be some regulation in AUS or Europe, but none in US - for xxxx sake .. look at the Journey!!''

Igor
Now that is what you call a plastic crap of an interior.

And just to say this interior in the Fusion is not production spec. I mean the plastics are prolly not up to par of the production.

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Now that is what you call a plastic crap of an interior.

And just to say this interior in the Fusion is not production spec. I mean the plastics are prolly not up to par of the production.
while the Journey plastics look like crap - they are actually all REALLY soft ...

Igor

·
Premium Member
8,641 Posts
while the Journey plastics look like crap - they are actually all REALLY soft ...

Igor
well the thing about it is that the design is good but the colors and feel are bad. I do think it looks better than the Venza coming out. That looks a a drunkard designed it.

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
well the thing about it is that the design is good but the colors and feel are bad. I do think it looks better than the Venza coming out. That looks a a drunkard designed it.
well - actually the Venza also has very nice assembly and materials - I sat in both at New York Auto show ... I liked both. I will be testing the Journey in a week.

Igor

·
Premium Member
8,641 Posts
well - actually the Venza also has very nice assembly and materials - I sat in both at New York Auto show ... I liked both. I will be testing the Journey in a week.

Igor
Im sure it feels good and materials are good, I just hate the look of the center stack. The other problem with the Journey is that it has a dog of a base engine. I believe it is the same engine as in my parent's caravan. That engine has a hard time pushing it down a hill.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts