GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://jalopnik.com/5051424/2010-chevy-equinox-testing-in-nearly-showroom-ready-guise

The 2010 Chevy Equinox has done the full monty and dropped all semblance of camouflage in these first, largely unobscured images of the new Theta platform crossover. The Equinox appears to be missing a few trim panels and manages to be "lane restricted" on the test track, but this is pretty much what we'll be looking at when it debuts. Revel in its inoffensive corporate styling while dreaming of what every small SUV owner desires — partial capability for partial compromise.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Re: 2010 Chevy Equinox Spotted

I see some Saab in there.. the only thing i dont like are the Vue style head lights.

·
Registered
4,684 Posts

^ I agree. The head lights seem a little incongruous with what chevy has been doing lately.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts

The C-piller on back (the way it's angled) makes me think of the first gen. Vue. The nose seems kinda bulbous, but no more so than my Malibu. Headlights could be just a tad bit bigger too.

Should be interesting to see more :yup:

·
Registered
1,988 Posts

I hope it looks better in person. The proportions look all wrong.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts

The beltline looks way too high in this but I'll be skeptical until I see the official pics. I hope it is updated well and the interior is a notch up in quality. And I'll be glad to see it without the Chinese 3400, regardless of whether it's a good engine or not it does not belong there.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
I gotta say, I'm not liking the front end on that. I'll wait for official pictures for final judgement, but it's not looking too promising.

·
Banned
6,921 Posts
Did we lose the extra 600 pounds?
Is it competitive with the CR-V and RAV-4?

If it's anything like the new Malibu or CTS, the shouts of joy will be deafening.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Some of pictures were not taken at the best of angles which makes it harder to discern the final shape. Add to that the fact that this test mule is white in color which tends to distort images of the car in it's own right from different angles. To me it looks meh and is clearly not going to be a revoultionary earth shattering design and pack leader like the trio of lambdas. I was more impressed with the Orlando concept than this.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
What a bunch of whinners you are.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
It's ok, I don't think the design will make anyone rush out and buy one, but it's not offensive either...

·
Registered
868 Posts
Looks descent to me. We pretty much knew it was going to resemble the VUE alot.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts