GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=125485

Looks like the Camaro has been spotted at the "Ring" with Brembo brakes. Pretty useless article as usual from Edmunds, but at least we know the Camaro will have Brembo's to compete with the Challenger!!! Pretty sweet! I hope it handles well otherwise this testing will be useless.

·
Registered
6,830 Posts
Re: Camaro at the "Ring"

hmmm...interesting. Hopefully larger calipers than the Cobalt SS' brembo's.

Can't wait to see this vehicle and run a Cobalt SS against it...just to see how many car lengths an SS/Z28 model would put on it. Of course, beating up on the base model camaro's (majority) will be good times:D;)

If they offer a 5.3L 320-350hp type V8...it'd be a good race with an 09 Cobalt SS, tune, and intake/exhaust. (IE: my future car, can't wait to see it get built this December:D:D:D)

CobaltSS

·
Registered
4,391 Posts

Hopfully the taillights dont stay orange on the outside...

·
Registered
2,865 Posts

Hopfully the taillights dont stay orange on the outside...
thats only for the european market. corvettes out there have the samething. it seems as though that the handling will be down right awesome. this is on the same platform as the G8 which already handles great and this is being tested on the 'ring, i cant wait for it

·
Registered
1,790 Posts

You are going to tell me that in this shot, you can't see a Pontiac Firebird SCREAMING to claw its way out from under that Chevy skin?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

God the Black just aches for it to be a Pontiac Trans Am....

·
Registered
42 Posts
2010 Chevy Camaro SS Caught On Nurburgring, Stig At The Wheel?

Some say he was once a victim of American "friendly fire." Others say he used to be a GM engineer until Bob Lutz rubbed him the wrong way. But all we know is, he's called "The Stig" — or maybe it's his fat 'merican cousin — and he appears to be taking the new 2010 Chevy Camaro SS out for a 'ring run. Wait, what? That's right, although we knew the 2010 Chevy Camaro had taken to the Nürburgring earlier this week in what we've been told is das SuperSport (or because it's Germany does the "SS" mean something different — SuperAuto Motor und Sport, perhaps?) mode (check out the Brembos), we didn't know they'd be taping an episode of "Gear" at the same time. But how'd the Camaro handle? Well, check out the full and slightly skinny-on-details description from the spy shooters at KGP below.

The Camaro has finally begun to take its first hot laps at the 'Ring. Here are photos of its inaugural lap. Our shooters say that first impressions are that looks impressive in action, and that its suspension looks well buttoned down on some of the 'Ring's challenging stretches.

Source: http://jalopnik.com/377283/2010-chevy-camaro-ss-caught-on-nurburgring-stig-at-the-wheel

·
Registered
441 Posts
That looks amazing in black! The wheel-tire combo is hot too!
:bounce::drive:

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Re: 2010 Chevy Camaro SS Caught On Nurburgring, Stig At The Wheel?

Some say he was once a victim of American "friendly fire." Others say he used to be a GM engineer until Bob Lutz rubbed him the wrong way. But all we know is, he's called "The Stig" — or maybe it's his fat 'merican cousin — and he appears to be taking the new 2010 Chevy Camaro SS out for a 'ring run. Wait, what? That's right, although we knew the 2010 Chevy Camaro had taken to the Nürburgring earlier this week in what we've been told is das SuperSport (or because it's Germany does the "SS" mean something different — SuperAuto Motor und Sport, perhaps?) mode (check out the Brembos), we didn't know they'd be taping an episode of "Gear" at the same time. But how'd the Camaro handle? Well, check out the full and slightly skinny-on-details description from the spy shooters at KGP below.

The Camaro has finally begun to take its first hot laps at the 'Ring. Here are photos of its inaugural lap. Our shooters say that first impressions are that looks impressive in action, and that its suspension looks well buttoned down on some of the 'Ring's challenging stretches.

Source: http://jalopnik.com/377283/2010-chevy-camaro-ss-caught-on-nurburgring-stig-at-the-wheel
Wow, the SS on the Nurburgring looks of so hot.!! Could it really be the Stig at the wheel?
I'd love to see it on " Top Gear". I expect it to even get positive reviews from the Brits.!

·
Registered
687 Posts

That car is amazing. Now if they actually would release it!

·
Registered
104 Posts

Looking very nice! ......but if gas prices keep doing what their doing and are near $4 gallon byt its release, I'm going to have to take a rain check on this car unless it's just going to be a garage queen in my 4th stall.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.