GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good to be here, thanks for having an avenue for us that want to share information and need help with our Equinox, it is great to be a part of this community, thank you!

I hope someone can give me insight on the issue with my Equinox.
Have been to the dealer 3 times and have received no help with this specific issue.
Went to dealer to fix recall on evap system- car running fine before recall was fixed
after recall- check engine light is on and is pulling p0324; p0325 & p0326 codes for knock sensor.
after recall- car jumps to 6 rpm on on any acceleration and feels like air in engine when acclerating
take back to dealer.
Dealer reprograms ECM and clears codes @ no charge
next day car again- pulling p0324; & p0326 codes for knock sensor.
went back to dealer, performed diagnostic,replaced - evap jumper hose reprogrammed ECM and cleared codes @ no charge
Dealer drives for 60 miles, no check engine light and says car is fine.
Pick up car- no check engine light but acceleration and rpm and engine still acting as it was right after recall, dealer has no answers.

Any help would be so greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for replying

same question I asked the dealer, was told that the code was being pulled due to the evap jump hose?

right now, no check engine light is on, which is perplexing?

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
No, the 0326 code is saying that something is wrong with the knock sensor. Its a dirt cheap part, I wonder why they aren't replacing it.

It's not displaying anything related to EVAP system so I don't know why your dealer keeps messing with that. It also isn't giving you a code for a cam sensor. Weird.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
No, the 0326 code is saying that something is wrong with the knock sensor. Its a dirt cheap part, I wonder why they aren't replacing it.

It's not displaying anything related to EVAP system so I don't know why your dealer keeps messing with that. It also isn't giving you a code for a cam sensor. Weird.
The knock sensor is cheap parts wise but on a lot I don't know about the Equinox it can be an expensive labor fix. On the silverado the labor runs high.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
update: check engine light back on after one week of pulling no codes- again pulling p0324 & p0326

Thank you for your replies, greatly appreciated, would replacing the knock sensor be an easy DIY with the right instruction, no mechanic for sure, but have a friend who has worked on cars and is quite handy?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my 2010 equinox I replaced the knock sensor and 3 days later the p0324 and p0326 came back I cleared them and was fine for 3 months and now the codes are back I'm so tired of this peice of crap any ideas I really dont think the knock sensor is bad. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
174 Posts
If you look up the diagnostic procedures for those codes, you should note that they don't consist of "Replace knock sensor and the problem is fixed". They have a list of things to go through, that can cause those codes to be generated.

I would suggest going through the whole diagnostic procedure for each of the codes, which can be tedious and require testing equipment that you may not have, but it gets the problem fixed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts