GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 211 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
2010 Camaro Shown Early! Pics and Info!!​

As we all know the official revealing of the 2010 Chevy Camaro will happen next Monday. However that didn't stop the fine folks over at Jalopnik and car tribe from spilling the beans three days early more at the link

http://jalopnik.com/398828/production-2010-chevy-camaro-revealed

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2008/07/2009-chevrolet-camaro-official-images.html

Enough with the spy pics and the semi-official prototype shots; here are the first official images of the long-awaited Chevrolet Camaro production version. Although the car depicted here is wearing an eye-popping RS badge, the guys at Autoexpress’ Cartribe blog support that the Camaro will come in LS, LT and SS trims.

The same source states that the 2010 Camaro will be available with a 296 Hp 3.6-liter V6 engine or a 416 Hp 6.2-liter V8, combined with either a 6-speed manual gearbox or an automatic transmission. The Camaro features an all-independent suspension setup and a StabiliTrak stability control system that promises to keep an eye on the coupe’s buttocks. Braking power in the SS will be provided by 4-pot Brembo brakes while it is also reported that the coupe’s 1,700 kg (3,750 lbs) weight will be split 52% up front and 48% at the rear. -Continued
Specs aside, we also get the first picture of the Camaro’s interior which unlike the one found in the Challenger, bears no resemblances to other models of the Group. Hopefully, GM will drop the embargo and upload more pictures and information during the day.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Re: Jalopnik lets the cat out of the bag reveals 2010 camaro info before monday revea

that looks good.
EDIT: OMG, NO NAVIGATION!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Re: Jalopnik lets the cat out of the bag reveals 2010 camaro info before monday revea

VERRY NICE. I LIKE.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts

RS badging looks tight. Glad the "angel eyes" headlights will be available (probably the base model gets the standard halogens we saw earlier). The gauges and steering wheel are way better than anything in the 4th gens too. I'm not too fond of that nobby center stack HVAC though--but that's probably because I'm not a 2 year old sweet on Playschool or tweener who won't leave his Playstation unless it's to play Xbox. Overall though, bonus for staying true to the concept! I'd have to see them side-by-side to point out all the differences besides the slightly less chopped greenhouse, smaller wheels, B-pillar, and massaged rear. Glad the weight isn't 3900 lbs like I was expecting. 3,748 isn't great, but if that's the V8, then it's acceptable. If it's the V6 and the V8 is 3,850 then I'm not really interested. Hopefully fuel economy is good too. No use trying to sell affordable performance cars if people can't afford to fill them up. I guess we'll find out most of that on Monday. Good job GM!

·
Registered
13,043 Posts

Weight... 3,747 lbs...

·
Registered
13,043 Posts

The car looks great, otherwise.

I DOUBT the V8 is going to weigh any more than the V6... the LS V8 is a very compact and lightweight engine, and probably not any physically larger than the DOHC V6.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts

I'm glad it looks so close to the concept! Now I just want to hear the pricing for it.

·
Premium Member
15,292 Posts

Is the base car 3750lbs or the V8? If it's the base car, then big whoop. The four door Charger starts at 3,727lbs.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts

Looking very good. Weight is very respectable. Interior is quite nice. Hope they have it on sale summer of '09.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts

Sweet, there's gonna be an RS package. :)

·
Registered
8,971 Posts

I DOUBT the V8 is going to weigh any more than the V6... the LS V8 is a very compact and lightweight engine, and probably not any physically larger than the DOHC V6.
The G8 3.6 DOHC V6/5 speed auto is 110 pounds lighter than the G8 GT 6.0 liter V6/6 speed auto.

So unless there's some extra evidence, it's a safe bet the Camaro V6 will be about 100 pounds lighter than the V8.

·
Registered
8,971 Posts

Is the base car 3750lbs or the V8? If it's the base car, then big whoop. The four door Charger starts at 3,727lbs.
Yahoo Autos puts the base Charger at 3820, and that's with a 2.7 liter V6, four speed automatic, and 215/60R17 wheels. The G8 V6 is listed at 3885 but it has 0.9 liters of additional engine displacement, one more gear in the transmission, and 245/45R18 wheels.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts

Cylinder deactivation on the LS3??? It says 6.2 liters so I'm assuming LS3 but now it must have a different engine designation. 416 HP is good, in the G8 GXP it's guesstimated at 403 HP, but I haven't heard anything of cylinder deactivation in the G8 GXP.

As for the weight, as others have asked, will the 3747 be V6 or V8. I seem to remember reading here somewhere that the 3.6 V6 weighs 60 pounds less than the LS series V8's. That would put the SS at 3807 pounds minimum, probably more with some extra options.

This here is evidence that many as myself guessed the V8 wouldn't come in a hair under 3800 pounds. Now if the loaded V8 is 3747, I'd actually be impressed as Zeta is a beefy chassis.

3 whole days of conjecture until the "official" announcement. :)

·
Registered
2,280 Posts

Commodore V8 models weigh 100 lbs more than the corresponding V6 variant

·
Premium Member
15,292 Posts

Yahoo Autos puts the base Charger at 3820, and that's with a 2.7 liter V6, four speed automatic, and 215/60R17 wheels. The G8 V6 is listed at 3885 but it has 0.9 liters of additional engine displacement, one more gear in the transmission, and 245/45R18 wheels.
I go by Dodge's own stats at their website. The 3.5L weighs in a 3,800lb. And, again, it's a 4-door.

Further, the larger wheels on the G8 than the base Charger is meaningless. The base Charger has 17" steel wheels. The G8's wheels are of a lighter construction. So that's a bad spec to point to to prove your case.

Oh, and the Charger is over 200 inches long.

·
Registered
197 Posts

If they really have AFM with a manual trans this will be a first for GM. Wouldn't be surprised to hear this combo is not compatible on Monday.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts

No more Z28 name eh? That's a bummer. Now LS, LT and SS..... typical boring Chevy type designations.

The RS... I mean LS, looks kinda boring without the air slot and raised hood. That thing also needs a little bit more of a bump in the back in the spoiler department.

The SS I guess is going to be the flagship anyways, in looks and performance.

But I gotta say, HOLY CRAP when it comes to the V6 horsepower! Poppa likes! Beats the hell out of the 200HP V6 that the Firebird/Camaros had in 2002 MY.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts

3,747 for the V8 so I'll guess the V6 is going to be around 3,600?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts

Is it just me, or does the radio appear to have breasts?

1 - 20 of 211 Posts