GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
It reminds me of an Acura MDX (of course the last gen did too). Ah yes, there's those "GM" mirrors. :::sigh:::

·
Registered
13,043 Posts

·
Registered
7,874 Posts
Its not based on the VUE either.

Where the VUE is a combination of the Epsilon and Theta, I think the SRX and 9-4x is a mix between Epsilon and Epsilon II. I don't remember. The latest group of crossovers coming out are quite confusing as the platforms are mixes of two platforms. And then GM got lazy and when you squint they look the same even if they aren't.

Though this is looking pretty good.

·
Premium Member
8,886 Posts
Gotta love the smiley on the badge :). Someone has a sense of humour.

I think this will look great uncovered. Moving the SRX to a 5 passenger configuration and then having a 7 passenger version on Lambda would be ideal. Both have to be AWD with premium suspension and other components, though. A 2-Mode hybrid option on the Lambda would be a great idea, too. And if Mercedes is putting mild hybrids on their cars GM should put mild hybrids on their Cadillacs.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Hopfully its a hit.

·
Registered
7,874 Posts
It should only come in AWD and optional Magnetic Ride Control to separate it from the rest of the brands.

Though as I type this I regret it because if its AWD, I'm sure it will be the XWD system that Saab is banking on.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Why should it only come in AWD? If you don't want FWD, don't buy one. I'll bet a lot more RX350s are sold with FWD than AWD.

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum, 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, 1989 Merkur Scorpio
11,108 Posts
I like it, but I too hope there is a D pillar, otherwise that is one hellova blind spot...

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
It reminds me of an Acura MDX (of course the last gen did too). Ah yes, there's those "GM" mirrors. :::sigh:::
I was going to comment on the mirrors too! They don't complement the sharp, sweeping look of the vehicle--they look dopey and cheapen it... The foglights look like they're out of the parts bin too... The hood mounted windshield washer squirters that GM is in love with now also cheapen and clutter it... The taillights look very undramatic in these photos--almost old Chevy Truckish... The rear wiper is also bothering me. Can't GM find a way to disguise or hide the damn plastic thing?... The reflectors on the rear are fine for a low priced import, but this is supposed to be a luxury vehicle!!!

I absolutely loved the real SRX when it first came out, but I can't say I love this. It's good looking, but it's really familiar. And cheap looking isn't going to cut it with competition it faces.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts