GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,886 Posts
If that picture is what it'll look like it'll be mighty disappointing.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
That's crazy that Honda is going to use cylinder deactivation on a high end sports car! I wonder if it's keep it from being a "gas guzzler" n the EPA eyes (meaning an extra tax)? I kind of doubt it though.

I REALLY like the these pictures...my favorite so far. But I withhold final judgment for the real thing! ;)

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
I really dont see the big fanfare, this car might live one generation and then dead for another set of years

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
Thanks that is a very interesting design...I like the rear view best, especially the unified tail lamp treatment. The front IS intriguing and clearly derived from that sports car concept they unveiled perhaps a year ago.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This car is import to Honda because many of the parts for the Next Gen RL (stated to be design to compete with the Merc S,BMW 7 and Lex LS) will be shared with this vehicle. The high exotic metals content and shared engine components.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Why do people get all excited about these stupid magazine chops? If only people would stop paying attention to these nasty, third class photoshop jobs (for any manufacturer), these magazine's would stop publishing them too.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
.....its true rivals are said to be the Jaguar XKR and Aston Martin Vanquish.

Can't wait to see whether they can pull off a slick looking interior finally.......

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
Why do people get all excited about these stupid magazine chops? If only people would stop paying attention to these nasty, third class photoshop jobs (for any manufacturer), these magazine's would stop publishing them too.
Many those types of chops are based on the interpretations of people (focus group members, employees, insiders) who have actually seen the vehicles without camouflages.

Some of those magazine and website chops can be mighty accurate.

·
Registered
8,971 Posts
That's crazy that Honda is going to use cylinder deactivation on a high end sports car! I wonder if it's keep it from being a "gas guzzler" n the EPA eyes (meaning an extra tax)? I kind of doubt it though.
It's probably an image thing.

Toyota sold itself as the "green" car company for years with the highly efficient Echo, Yaris, Corolla, and Prius but people eventually started calling them hypocrites for selling the Sequioa, 4Runner, Land Cruiser, Tundra, and so forth.

Honda also has a "green" image, and likes to advertise that it has very high average fuel economy. Adding cylinder deactivation to the NSX helps them keep that image.

Like it or hate it, it will probably work. You can bet some journalists will always remember to mention Honda's concern for the environment every time they mention the new NSX. (Unless, of course, even cylinder deactivation can't give it good fuel economy.)

·
Banned
1,083 Posts

Not exactly a beauty queen, but I doubt it's a V10 Fail, either.

·
Banned
1,083 Posts
From the website:
"The body of the NSX will be assembled by specially trained craftsmen at Ogawamachi:

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
Why can't Honda produce something like this as a Prelude or Accord coupe with the current 300hp V6 or Turbo 4 that they have so more people can have access to it ala the Genesis.
A Prelude based on the TSX platform with the 2.3L turbo engine would be an interesting car, but I don't think Honda could wedge in a Prelude without cannibalizing Civic Coupe and Accord Coupe sales.

I think the Accord Coupe in v6 form is plenty powerful for what it is... 270HP. Honda reserves the higher output/displacement engines for the Acura TL and TL-S.

A coupe years ago, there were some rumors going around about a smaller, leaner, less expensive S2000 derivative. Haven't heard anything about it since.

·
Registered
9,089 Posts
A Prelude based on the TSX platform with the 2.3L turbo engine would be an interesting car, but I don't think Honda could wedge in a Prelude without cannibalizing Civic Coupe and Accord Coupe sales.

I think the Accord Coupe in v6 form is plenty powerful for what it is... 270HP. Honda reserves the higher output/displacement engines for the Acura TL and TL-S.

A coupe years ago, there were some rumors going around about a smaller, leaner, less expensive S2000 derivative. Haven't heard anything about it since.
I don't think it would cannibalize Civic or Accord Coupe sales too much because it would appeal to a slightly different demographic. Make it an Acura and it could be a little steeper than both the Civic and Accord and would also be RWD. It could easily slot between the Genesis and G37 and we all know that Acura could use an injection of excitement let alone a RWD platform.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't think it would cannibalize Civic or Accord Coupe sales too much because it would appeal to a slightly different demographic. Make it an Acura and it could be a little steeper than both the Civic and Accord and would also be RWD. It could easily slot between the Genesis and G37 and we all know that Acura could use an injection of excitement let alone a RWD platform.
Rumor has it that there will be an Acura RWD sports car under the NSX replacement. Priced similar to the Corvette.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.