GM Inside News Forum banner

2010/2011 Saturn Astra?

15K views 51 replies 38 participants last post by  vandy0419 
#1 · (Edited)
We don't know whether this will end up being the 2010 or 2011 Saturn Astra, but it sure is the next one -- whatever the model year ends up being:

2010 Saturn Astra

Ray

#3 ·
Belt line looks way to high, just like in the new Vibe. Personally I think that makes a car look a lot worse then it should, plus less windows then. Also I hope there is a window behind that back door. At least it looks like the back window might be larger.

Besides that looks like it could be looking good.

#43 ·
Belt line looks way to high, just like in the new Vibe. Personally I think that makes a car look a lot worse then it should, plus less windows then. Also I hope there is a window behind that back door. At least it looks like the back window might be larger.

Besides that looks like it could be looking good.
It's a HUGE improvement over the current model, which looks ho hum. The 3 door is nice from the rear, but the front looks extremely boring. Anytime an automaker puts a grill on a car that extends from each headlight, the car is ugly. The Astra needs to follow the lines of the Sky and the Aura, those grills aren't soo wide.

#4 · (Edited)
It will be a 2010 Astra. As for the LNF...going to happen and just wait and see what shows up at the next SEMA show...

SirRaven said:
At least it looks like the back window might be larger.
Looking at the slope of the roof coming down along with the angle of the rear window...looks like it won't be much bigger than the current one. I spent a half hour yesterday staring at one and couldn't get over how little visibility there has to be!

#33 ·
comeon guys.....off the shelf to be street legal. You know that!:p:
I like the current one alot, I hope they did camo the taar out of it, it does look real bland in these pics. Its LHD too, maybe a mule for the NA Delta II as well.The interior is a huge improvement over the ones of past.

#28 ·
There better be a RL model.
Here is what I would like to see.
XE 1.4T 180 HP $16,900
GL 1.6 DI 145 HP w/BAS+ $19,500
XR 1.8T 230 HP $20,000
RL 2.0HOT 280 HP $25,000

#36 ·
There better be a RL model.
Here is what I would like to see.
XE 1.4T 180 HP $16,900
GL 1.6 DI 145 HP w/BAS+ $19,500
XR 1.8T 230 HP $20,000
RL 2.0HOT 280 HP $25,000
Really? The new LNF Cobalt SS and HHR SS both have 22,995 MSRPs. I don't see the Astra RL being 2 grand more! I could see the Solstice GXP Targa being 25k.

Are they ever going to make the Astra a Red Line? Every review I read says it handles great, but has NO power.
It handles amazingly! Through the slalom it runs through .2mph slower than the 08 Cobalt SS with the LNF. Imagine it with the LNF! :drive:

Also, yes it will be released...from what I have heard, it would be in about a year. But they don't know if it will be a late 09 model or if it would be released as a 2010.

#31 ·
Rear looks like it has too much bumper and not enough hatch. Also I wish they would put the license plate on the hatch and put the handle just on top of it so it's concealed. Having a separate handle makes it look like the car has an a-hole.

#34 ·
I'm more excited than worried for the next gen. Astra. Opel already does a great job with its vehicles, I'm sure this one will not be anything less.

On the other hand, the US could use other Astra varients ei. redline, sedan, pano windshield, twintop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.