GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Kinda' sad in some ways. The grille is so-so. More noticeable than the current, but I wonder if it's an improvement. And enough with the vents, already!!! If I wanted a Ford Focus, I'd buy one.

·
Registered
44,423 Posts
:blink:
Jaguar called... they want their side vents back.

Seriously??? Can they not standardize on the look and placement of sidevents??
All Cadillac seems to be doing is cluttering up a good design.

It's unfortunate that GM feels the need to hire Kindergarteners onto their design staff. Apparently all they do is fingerpaint or something.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Meh, is it any different?

Kinda like when my girlfriend got a certian piercing and thought it would completely change everything...in the end, you hardly notice anything different.

But let me guess, it gained a few pounds and became boring after it graduated high school and stopped cheer leading...?

·
Registered
6,830 Posts
its nice outside of that non-function ugly looking side vent. Seriously, integrate it into the crisp lines of the XLR design or don't do it at all. I wish the grille design would have carried below the Cadillac emblem all the way down, thats really unfortunate:(!!! Fog lamps look to be an improvement, though no new rims:(

This does not bode well for interior which by the looks of this exterior probably means a STS 08 style upgrade:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Cadillac deserves better, even more so, its customers deserve ALOT more!!!!!!!! GRRRRR...

JLM, you might as well get an XLR-V this year before this mismatch comes out...maybe make the vents body color to mask them if you DO get this version, that would help.

CobaltSS

·
Registered
845 Posts
The update works, except for the Saturn Vue vents on the side.

Honestly, I've got no problem with side vents, but they should at least look like they were intended to be a part of the original design. I mean, they should "fit" so to speak. These don't, and neither to the vents on the updated STS. Its obvious they don't belong. So... Instead of forcing this addition, why not make a more useful change, like perhaps reshaping the exhaust outlets. Or perhaps adding a more of a flair to the fenders. Seriously, the XLR's biggest problem is its flaccid ***. So unless you intend to address any of these things that really need help, why bother? Because I'm sure the next XLR is another 3-4 years off, if we even get one. So why not make the investment?

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Was Welburn on vacation?

I don't see how these changes forward the XLR. In light of that, they should have left it alone until the next generation [400-hp for the base model] was ready [with better interior design].

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
Alright now, so a less aggressive grill, corporate-looking foglights that don't belong on this car, the most unsporting wheels on earth, and some stick on **** inspired by the Vue on the side. This is bad. Bad. Bad. Bad. Bad.

·
Registered
44,423 Posts
Was Welburn on vacation?

I don't see how these changes forward the XLR. In light of that, they should have left it alone until the next generation [400-hp for the base model] was ready [with better interior design].
It doesn't matter if Welburn was on vacation or not.
All this proves is that GM still hasn't learned its design lessons.
Furthermore, this seemingly half-assed attempt at an MCE reeks of SRX and all but proves that Cadillac has check out of the roadster segment.

Cadillac just proves that it is incapable or unwilling to do what it takes to sell a $101,000 roadster.

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
I was wondering why you guys were all griping about the sidevents, while I was readong the comments waiting for the link to open...oh, that's why. :( WTF? This half-assed refresh would have been better not done at all. It should have gotten CTS front end stetched width-wise and shortened hight-wise. A good looking small side vent that was integrated into the body lines, some new wheels and a good interior. All it got was a half-assed attempt, which not only does not achieve moving it foreward, but makes GM look inept again. They are capable of true greatness...just not consistanly. :(

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Sadly, I wonder if anything has been done to the interior...where it REALLY needed some love...

On another note, saw a new CTS on the road this morning (only second one I have seen outside of a carshow yet!) and it was absolutely stunning!

·
Registered
96 Posts
This car was a mistake from the beginning. Considering you can buy the same platform with better handling, acceleraton, & braking from Chevy, why would anyone bother? I know the production numbers are not that high and I have only seen three or so on the road since they were introduced. If Cadillac wanted to get serious in the sports-car market, they should have brought out the Cien. That would sell on looks alone!

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Sadly, I wonder if anything has been done to the interior...where it REALLY needed some love...

On another note, saw a new CTS on the road this morning (only second one I have seen outside of a carshow yet!) and it was absolutely stunning!
The new CTS does look great. I've seen many around Washington DC, in fact I've seen more CTSs than Malibus.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Is there anything different with this car? I can't see it. To compete with the SL500 you need to do a little more Cadillac!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I honestly can't see much change other than the vents. Too little of an "update" on the exterior.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts