GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They had one at the Pittsburgh Auto Show on Friday. They had it roped off but in talking w/ the VW lady, she allowed me and my friend to cross the ropes and take a look. A few impressions:

Great size SUV. Not too big, not too small.

Looks were just right. Not overdone but it had a nice aggressive look to it but also looked like it could handle.

Interior was phenomenal, very comparable to the new Rabbit/GTI/Jetta's (etc) all of which get good praise for thier interiors, This is no exceptoin.

Seats were firm and comfortable, exactly what I'd expect from my VW experience to date.

Site lines in the Tiguan were superb. They did a nice job w/ this in making it so blind spots weren't too bad.

Cargo area was laid out nicely and it appeared to have a full-size spare.

Interior room was also nicely arranged. They managed to maximize the space as they've been doing recently.

Fit and finish were on par if not better than current Rabbit/GTI/Jetta. Quite commendable (on par w/ the new Malibu which was done nicely as well).

Downsides:

Manual not to be offered initially.

Nor will the off-road version (w/ the full skid plates, etc).

Very nice SUV, quite impressive, competitively priced but until the manual and offroad pkg's are out, I won't be getting one.

Just thought I'd pass this along.

·
Premium Member
8,886 Posts
I'm still not liking the weird names.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I could care less about the name.
The interior design is a huge turnoff.

Can't VW come up with new interior designs? They have the same interiors across the board.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I could care less about the name.
The interior design is a huge turnoff.

Can't VW come up with new interior designs? They have the same interiors across the board.

Irregardless if they're the same or not, they're functional, have better fit and finish than most GM interiors, the materials used feel better to the touch, nothing feels like it will fall off at any moment, and most importantly, no rattles or squeaks after only a few thousand miles.

I do agree the names get kind of funky...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts