GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
How thorough is the Escape redesign? It sounds like just a new engine, but it'd be a little dumb to just plop one in without changing anything that the customer sees.

·
Premium Member
4,208 Posts
How thorough is the Escape redesign? It sounds like just a new engine, but it'd be a little dumb to just plop one in without changing anything that the customer sees.
The Escape's redesign was a two-parter. The exterior and interior were redesigned for 2008 while new powertrains appear for 2009. I imagine Ford would have liked to have done everything at once in 2008 but they weren't able to. Better late than never I guess. Regardless, the changes for 2008 have been successful and I have no doubt that the new powertrains for 2009 will only continue this success. My parents got an AWD '08 Escape with the 2.3L I4 earlier this year and it's been great. It's very quiet and comfortable and it moves well considering the small engine. My dad told me that it averaged 24MPG on a trip to the LA area while doing 80MPH with the air conditioning on.

·
Registered
13,043 Posts
I'd like to know what Ford is doing to the D3.5 and 3.7 engines...DI hopefully?
The DI 3.7L is done... they just need a transmission to pair it with. Last I heard from about a year ago was 330hp on regular gas.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The DI 3.7L is done... they just need a transmission to pair it with. Last I heard from about a year ago was 330hp on regular gas.
When is it supposed to come to market, for the MKS's second model year? I'd hope it will be standard on all Lincolns. 330hp is nice. :dro:

·
Registered
13,043 Posts
MKZ should be getting the 3.7L from the MKS... 270hp.

No word on when the 3.7L DI will actually hit production... basically, whenever Ford can ramp up Powershift dual-clutch shifter production.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Is the 2010 MkZ getting the 3.7, I hope so!
Ya again, nobody knows if Lincoln will put the 3.7L in the MKZ, it could lead to overlap in the sedans

MKZ should be getting the 3.7L from the MKS... 270hp.

No word on when the 3.7L DI will actually hit production... basically, whenever Ford can ramp up Powershift dual-clutch shifter production.
The DI engine going into the MKS and Flex for that matter is actually only 3.5 liters. The Ecoboost 3.5 is said to make 340+ HP in 2009.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts