GM Inside News Forum banner

2009 Truck of the Year

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What will it be? Will it be the 2009 Dodge Ram or the Ford F-150. With this clash of two rivals it should be a good race. I have to place my vote with the Ram 1500 as its mileage has greatly improved as it is the best in highway mileage of anything in its class. Its performance is already great with the HEMI and all. That is what I think, but now I want to hear from you.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
I think the Ford will get the Nod from most people. The current F150 is a nice truck and I expect the new one to be a homerun if they can get the engine options right! It will be interesting to see what the ride quality on the new Ram is going to be like. I believe its switching to coil spring rear, can anyone verify that?

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
Yeah, the 1500 will be coil spring rear, just like the good ol' C10s from the '60s. The ride should be much improved. I think that no matter who wins, Dodge will be the "most improved" since it looks like they really honed everything on the '09s and made a huge leap on the interior.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, the 1500 will be coil spring rear, just like the good ol' C10s from the '60s. The ride should be much improved. I think that no matter who wins, Dodge will be the "most improved" since it looks like they really honed everything on the '09s and made a huge leap on the interior.
How about the HEMI? From class worst to class leading highway mileage?:yup:

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
How about the HEMI? From class worst to class leading highway mileage?:yup:
I think mileage is important, but I will be damn disappointed if any magazine tests these trucks and the best truck loses because they thought a less capable truck should win based on economy.

I don't know how good the new Ram is, but if it beats out a better truck over mileage, that will suck.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Since when is it widely known that the F-150 is better then the Dodge. It lacks a cab configuration and that is a low point, but now with its mileage up, it has a bigger motor, more power, and a better looking exterior, with a completely refreshed interior. So saying that the F-150 is a better truck then the Dodge is not entirely true.

·
Banned
1,083 Posts
I think mileage is important, but I will be damn disappointed if any magazine tests these trucks and the best truck loses because they thought a less capable truck should win based on economy.

I don't know how good the new Ram is, but if it beats out a better truck over mileage, that will suck.
Would you be disappointed in the Ram, or the magazine that tests the Ram?

·
Banned
1,083 Posts
Here's what I voted for:

Seeing as how I was once a big fan of Pokemon as a kid and all...

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
im sure toyota will pay motortrend to get the tundra into the show, just like how they won 08 truck of the year.

the ram is going to win, the f150 is nice and all, but the ram just 1 ups the ante on it.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Suzuki is making a truck??? Can this day get any better? 450hp Subaru and a Suzuki truck, LMAO!

Do you think it even has a chance?
I think it does. In a way, it's more "new" than the F-150 or Ram because Suzuki has never had a truck in North America, if at all. And newness seems to be one of the most important criteria in Motor Trend's OTY awards. But I voted for the F-150.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts