GM Inside News Forum banner

2009 Traverse - remote start question

17K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  goblue 
#1 ·
For those that have it/added it/ or are techs....
Im curious about remote start on the Traverse.
I noticed remote start comes on the 2 highest trims. 2LT and LTZ.
I know that some of the GM cars come ready to add the module for remote start and can be dealer installed.
Any of the GM mechanics here- do you know if the module can be added to at least the 1LT.
Im sure the LS cannot as it doesnt even have the DIC.
Im thinking of buying a Traverse- most likely the 1LT package as that has the stuff I need... the 2LT package is obvioulsy pricier- and has features that I dont care to pay for.
So if the remote start module can be added... that would just make it a much better deal.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
thanks for the great info.
Ive read too many stories of aftermarket units acting up and dealers not wanting to touch the car UNTIL the aftermarket units are removed.

As for skipping the Acadia-
I like the looks of the Chevy Traverse over the Acadia.
Im a big Chevy fan (1964 C-20 in garage, 1970 Monte Carlo in garage,1976 Nova in driveway 2003 Trailblazer in driveway ,2007 Impala in driveway)- I did own a 1996 saturn for some years... also a great vehicle..... (drove a Suzuki for about 2 yrs- worst car Ive owned- left me stranded 3 times on the highway).

And I always put at least 150,000 miles on my cars before the next one comes along.
Im at 143,700 with my Trailblazer...... I suspect that Ill reach 150,000 by August or September... this means that by this time- the 2010's will be hitting the Lots---- or nice sale priced 2009's can be found... so my mileage and Chevy Lambda availability is perfect timing.

But I would love to see a Bowtie Wearing Lambda in my driveway... with that big gold bowtie.
As a last resort- I would go with GMC or saturn... Buick would be too pricey... But im staying with GM-- or Chevmoco what ever its named by summers end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.