GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These have been out for a little bit now, what do people think? They're definitely not typical Chevy commercials, which is good. But they also don't tell you much of anything about the car. Perhaps later ones will.

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
I dislike both (I saw the shoes one on TV). More proof GM should have fired their ad agency a long time ago.

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
first one = fail

second one was pretty decent.
Agreed. I don't get the first one at all. The second one was pretty good.

You know who has good commercials in that segment is VW with the new Routan. :yup:

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
You know who has good commercials in that segment is VW with the new Routan. :yup:
YES. For the segment, I LOVE those...so cool, in a funny/sarcastic way. I can only fathom what THAT ad agency would do for the Traverse...although a lot of the idea there was clearly pushed by VW, who's naturally strong at such marketing.

These Traverse ones are moderately interesting, but I almost have been thinking the few that are out are a little too skewed towards women. Sure, that's a big market, but I know just as many guys who are now interested in the Traverse vs. previously a Tahoe, etc. and a commercial with a shirtless guy ironing doesn't help the new image in this aspect...well, mostly. I like them talking about cargo space, showing the exterior and inside in detail, etc., but let's get a little more "something".

And while they're at it, time for some Malibu commercials since none have existed in quite some time.

·
Super Moderator
21,021 Posts
They're different all right, and I get who the main target audience is...but what about the guys that need a car like this? I suppose you have "My Own Worst Enemy," but let's not completely make the Traverse the official soccer mom car yet.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
They're different all right, and I get who the main target audience is...but what about the guys that need a car like this? I suppose you have "My Own Worst Enemy," but let's not completely make the Traverse the official soccer mom car yet.
Exactly, and I know many guys--guys who previously or currently were interested in or owned--a Tahoe/Yukon, and are now interested in this.

Commercials need to show more than just pretty ladies with lots of shoes or a shirtless guy ironing, or the image will quickly be swayed against them. So far, they seem to just REALLY be pushing it to women buyers, good or bad.

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
^^^^ Again, only women. I guess dudes are supposed to buy the Acadia, and the Enclave.

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
A dude would want something like a Corvette or Charger but the dang wife keeps talking about comfort and space for the kids...or shoes!
I'd love to have an Enclave! :yup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.