GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Overall, a pretty good little write up.

Unfortunately, I had to read the comments section, and it worries me about the future of the human race.

People have a right to an opinion, but idiocy isn't an opinion.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Why isn't the Saturn website updated yet? It still has 2008 models, options and pricing. :(

·
Registered
867 Posts

Unfortunately, I had to read the comments section, and it worries me about the future of the human race.

Some of those comments are bad, Minnesota. Fortunately some are positive to counterbalance the irrational negativity.

·
Registered
8,636 Posts

It's just best to ignore the comments section. I hope they add DI to this engine soon, more power and better fuel economy never hurt anyone.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Minnesota Nice,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most of them appear to be brain dead......

·
Registered
867 Posts
It's just best to ignore the comments section. I hope they add DI to this engine soon, more power and better fuel economy never hurt anyone.
You and Minnesota are correct, the comments are mostly negative and are not worth reading. They should have paid attention to the end of the review where the author stated, “GM critics would be wise to spend some time in one before making a midsize family sedan purchase.”

·
Registered
8,636 Posts
You and Minnesota are correct, the comments are mostly negative and are not worth reading. They should have paid attention to the end of the review where the author stated, “GM critics would be wise to spend some time in one before making a midsize family sedan purchase.”
People are either hung up on the past or just plain ignorant. I think enough people will see that things changed at GM for the good, some people won't but IMO I think they will be in the minority.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
I drove a 09 2.4 - 6 speed when I was buying 2 weeks ago. I went with a left over 08 3.6L Malibu 2LT. I don't drive that much and I love the power too much.

For most people though, the 2.4L - 6 speed is a great combo for A+ fuel economy.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Why isn't the Saturn website updated yet? It still has 2008 models, options and pricing. :(
So does the Pontiac website.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I agree with what was written about the G6 though...I've had several as rentals, and they all exhibited the traits written about in that article.

·
Banned
6,540 Posts
I would have no problem purchasing a Saturn Aura - it is a really nice vehicle - the best Pontiac G6 made and heads and shoulders above the mishmash Malibore. Granted the Aura shares the corporate platform's lack of rear seat room and the tiny trunk opening, but at least this design works on the outside and it isn't so overdone like the Malibore.

I wish more people would purchase the Aura - it has a charisma that is missing in the Malibore and really seems to be a superior product even given the typical lazy GM UAW worker attention to fit and finish.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I drove a 09 2.4 - 6 speed when I was buying 2 weeks ago. I went with a left over 08 3.6L Malibu 2LT. I don't drive that much and I love the power too much.

For most people though, the 2.4L - 6 speed is a great combo for A+ fuel economy.
This has been my battle all week, as I'm Malibu shopping (I think) and the butt says 3.6L for the buttery smooth and strong power, firmer steering, and more planted feel up front, while the practical side says 2.4L/6-speed for the higher cruising mpg's even though it feels a little sluggish and raspy in comparison, plus the electric steering is notably lighter and looser. Like both, for different reasons...too bad I can't decide on which to sign for:rolleyes:

Both are terrific combos and now with the 33mpg rating, it's no wonder why the 2.4L/6-speed is now the hot ticket.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
I kinda wish they would have left that strip along the side of the car to help prevent dents. I just like the look of it on there better too.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
GM should be proud of this powertrain. yesterday I drove an 08 G6 and an 09 G6...one withe 4 speed and one with the new 6 speed. both trannies work great with the 2.4. the 2.4 is a rev monster and has torque as well. the 6 speed hunted more, and on the G6 it only has the shifter on the floor....but I have driven the aura with the 4 speed also so i know the G6 is the same.

Honestly, this car with either the 4 or the 6 is happy, and has more power than you think and enough for 95% of the drivers out there.

My guess is GM wants to pump out as many epsilons with these powertrains as possible the next couple years, and they should. Its fun, refined and economical. good job GM.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
This has been my battle all week, as I'm Malibu shopping (I think) and the butt says 3.6L for the buttery smooth and strong power, firmer steering, and more planted feel up front, while the practical side says 2.4L/6-speed for the higher cruising mpg's even though it feels a little sluggish and raspy in comparison, plus the electric steering is notably lighter and looser. Like both, for different reasons...too bad I can't decide on which to sign for:rolleyes:

Both are terrific combos and now with the 33mpg rating, it's no wonder why the 2.4L/6-speed is now the hot ticket.
If they were identical in price and equipment which would you buy?
Go for that one.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts

I drove the 3.6L back to back with a 2.4L 6-speed (09). I knew I wouldn't be happy long term with the 2.4L even if/when fuel prices go up again. That is just me though, I like performance and I am willing to pay for it at the pump. Most people don't care that much and prefer the fuel economy which I totally respect. Great thing about the Malibu is you can get it all in an LTZ or LT2 and give up nothing in terms luxury or options.

I've only had my car for a week now but I feel good about my decision and feel zero regret. Malibu is a really nice car and I feel like I am driving an Audi, not a Chevy. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts