GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is more or less a bench racing question, but which of these would win in the quarter? I know the G8 GT could stay up with the SRT8 Charger, but I was interested in the G8's automatic vs. a 6 speed in the R/T. It would be an fun race that's for sure. :)

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
edmunds did a scenario like this awhile back and they found that despite the SRT's torque and power advantage the G8 GT could still keep pace with it well over 100 mph I can't wait to see how the GXP G8 will fare against the SRT charger

·
Premium Member
15,292 Posts
edmunds did a scenario like this awhile back and they found that despite the SRT's torque and power advantage the G8 GT could still keep pace with it well over 100 mph I can't wait to see how the GXP G8 will fare against the SRT charger
But the '09 Challenger R/T is lighter than the '08 Charger SRT8 that Edmund's used. And he's speaking about the manual transmission. Plus, the Challenger has 376 horsepower and now has a limited-slip differential.

I'd say the Challenger would win.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But the '09 Challenger R/T is lighter than the '08 Charger SRT8 that Edmund's used. And he's speaking about the manual transmission. Plus, the Challenger has 376 horsepower and now has a limited-slip differential.

I'd say the Challenger would win.
That's what i was thinking regarding the weight and the 6 speed/limited slip. I imagine it would be close though.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
oops misread (I wrote that last post on very little sleep0 I think the Challenger would win as well though the G8 is lighter in weight. And it would be cool to see a G8 GXP and dodge Charger SRT8 comparo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts