GM Inside News Forum banner

2009 Malibu Steering

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  sant1n1 
#1 ·
I recently had a power steering failure on my 2009 Malibu. The steering would shake, both while in motion and while stationary on every trip. I even had the power steering completely cut out once while driving, making it EXTREMELY hard to steer at low speeds. After reading about the recall on GM cars for this, I decided to take it in to the dealership. They told me that it was a faulty torque sensor and bad steering module- the exact problem identified in the recall, but my specific VIN wasn't covered by the recall. Lo and behold, GM had offered an extended specialty warranty for my VIN on these parts, but go figure I had missed that warranty window by only a month. After pleading with the dealer and even trying the GM customer care line, I got absolutely nowhere and had to eat the $1700 in repairs. SO FRUSTRATING!!! GM clearly doesn't care about their customers or their safety if they knowingly have these bad parts out there and won't expand the recall to all models affected. This will be my last GM car, I've had better luck with Ford, Honda, and Toyotas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.