GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I went to a local Chevy dealer today and looked at the Malibus on the lot.
Every one of them except the LS models had the power adjustable pedals option. So, apparently it is very popular (or at least the option package it comes in is popular).

Does anyone have any idea why they would drop this for 2009 when it's a popular option on the 2008s?

·
Registered
7,798 Posts

I went to a local Chevy dealer today and looked at the Malibus on the lot.
Every one of them except the LS models had the power adjustable pedals option. So, apparently it is very popular (or at least the option package it comes in is popular).

Does anyone have any idea why they would drop this for 2009 when it's a popular option on the 2008s?
Because that is what GM does - decontent, decontent and decontent some more, then complain that sales are down?!?!?

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
They also got rid of the side marker lights. While it's not an option, I think it looked really cool.

Also a stupid move, if you ask me. You already are getting hit for not offering a rear armrest and navi/bluetooth option (even if mildly).

Keep decontenting and you'll never one up the Accord or Camry.

·
Super Moderator
20,962 Posts
They also got rid of the side marker lights. While it's not an option, I think it looked really cool.

Also a stupid move, if you ask me. You already are getting hit for not offering a rear armrest and navi/bluetooth option (even if mildly).

Keep decontenting and you'll never one up the Accord or Camry.
Side markers are still on there, they're just called a different name or something.

·
Registered
7,874 Posts
Why would they get rid of those? That feature is becoming very popular and standard in all sorts of vehicles.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I love the power pedals in my G/F's Malibu! I have no clue whay it would be discontinued! Not that its really that big of a deal, but thats why the Malibu is always behind its competitors! GM finally has a great Malibu and they do stupid stuff like this to it! It dosent make sence to me?

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Took a peek on dealerworld last week the sidemarker lights are not really that big of a deal for me but why take out the power adjustable pedals? they have seen a spike in popularity in recent years and are starting to become standard in many cars. I don't know who in GM is in charge of making all of these stupid decisions but they should be fired ASAP because the power adjustable pedals do help add alittle bit of luxury into the Bu and Aura

·
Registered
528 Posts
Honestly I don't what the big deal is. I have no clue about the side marker lights but the power pedals? I have used them maybe twice, and that was just playing with them. My G6 has the power pedals and I have them on the normal setting. My wife, who is much shorter, also keeps them on the normal setting. We have never used the power pedals other than in the first week we owned the car.

I have also never heard anyone complain that there car doesn't have power pedals.

Is it a nice convienence? Maybe. Is it needed to sell a car? Not in my opinion.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
I noticed that too. The Aura is keeping them for '09 (and probably the G6 too, but I didn't look at that one too hard), so IDK. It is odd. I can only guess that they're repackaging it or something.

·
Registered
7,874 Posts
And the other thing is the turn signal located on the front fender in front of the door?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts