(QPE) P215/60R16 touring blackwall tires
(NZ6) 16" fascia spoke painted Sterling Silver wheels
Front side marker lamps

New Features

(17U) Silver Ice Metallic exterior color

(50U) Summit White exterior color

(51U) Gold Mist Metallic exterior color

(92U) Silver Moss Metallic exterior color

(UPF) Bluetooth for phone, personal cell phone connectivity to vehicle audio system and HMI (Human Machine Interface)
(QGG) P215/55R17 touring, blackwall tires

Changes

(PDC) Power Convenience Package now includes (AG1) driver 6-way power seat adjuster, (AP3) remote vehicle starter system and (UPF) Bluetooth for phone
(P22) 17" fascia spoke, painted sterling silver wheels are now standard on LS and 1LT models
(FX3) StabiliTrak stability control system with brake assist and Traction Control is now standard on all models
(LE5) 2.4L DOHC 4-cylinder engine is now standard on LTZ
(MH8) 6-speed automatic transmission is now available on 1LT and standard on 2LT and LTZ
(PDQ) HFV6 Engine Package is now available on LTZ and includes (LY7) 3.6L V6 SFI engine, (MH2) 6-speed automatic transmission, dual chrome exhaust tips and (NVH) hydraulic power steering (HPS)

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/do...regionID=1&divisionID=3&vehicleID=6629&type=0

Malibu Hybrid:

Deletions
(15U) Sandstone Metallic exterior color
(40U) White exterior color
(67U) Silverstone Metallic exterior color
(JF4) Power-adjustable pedals
(QPE) P215/60R16 touring blackwall tires
(QD1) 16" flangeless aluminum wheels
Front side marker lamps

New Features

(50U) Summit White exterior color

(78U) Golden Pewter Metallic exterior color

(QGG) P215/55R17 touring, blackwall tires
(PFE) 17" ultra bright aluminum wheels

(K05) Engine block heater

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/do...regionID=1&divisionID=3&vehicleID=6630&type=0

Looks good! Odd that the 6-speed has expanded, but is still kept from the LS and optional on the 1LT, but that's still a huge expansion and a good thing regardless. And Bluetooth on nearly every model! Not restricted, which is shocking.

Cobalt:
Deletions
Sport Coupe (1AM37) and Sport Sedan (1AM69) models
(15U) Sandstone Metallic exterior color
(39U) Blue Flash Metallic exterior color
(95U) Ultra Silver Metallic exterior color
(52*) Neutral interior color
(US9) AM/FM stereo with 6-disc in-dash CD changer
(NZ6) 16" fascia spoke wheels
(K05) Engine block heater

New Features

SS Turbocharged Sedan model (1AP69)
(UPF) Bluetooth for phone, personal cell phone connectivity to vehicle audio system and HMI (Human Machine Interface)
(UUI) AM/FM stereo with CD player and MP3 playback and USB port
(UAF) Reconfigurable performance display
(WTC) Tire sealant and inflator kit standard
Available spare tire and wheel, includes jack

Changes

(UE1) OnStar is now standard on all models
Dual-stage frontal driver and front passenger air bags RPO code is now ASA on LS and LT models
The RPO code for the ECOTEC 2.2L engine is now LAP and includes Continuous Variable Valve Timing
(MX0) Automatic transmission is now the standard and only transmission on 1LT Sedan and 2LT Sedan
(TV5) Performance Appearance Package is now called Sport Appearance Package and now includes (T43) rear decklid spoiler, (T37) front fog lamps, (QBU) P205/50R17 blackwall tires, (PFE) 17" polished aluminum wheels, chrome exhaust tip, front and rear body-color sport fascias, body-color lower rocker moldings, White-faced sport gauges, (UK3) leather-wrapped steering wheel with mounted audio and cruise controls, (UPF) Bluetooth for phone and leather-wrapped shifter lever
(NZ0) 16" machined-face aluminum wheels are now packaged on 2LT
Improved seat bolster material with soil repellent

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/do...regionID=1&divisionID=3&vehicleID=6689&type=0

Nothing too big for the Cobalt...but nice minor things.

·
Registered
6,830 Posts
Heard this before, glad to see confirmed. So where does the USB port exist then? Is it a corporate bowtie radio with a port on the lower corner or something?

I'm curious to see how this reconfig performance display looks/is...any idea guys (cough ChevRev and insider comments* cough)

I assume the Turbo Cobalt SS' rims will be offered in chrome/polished aluminum? Or will they look different (I like the Z06 Vette look they have to them)

CobaltSS

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
With regard to the Cobalt, some things I noticed, let me know if I missed something:

-SS sedan will NOT be available with an automatic, only a manual, just like the SS coupe
-No more 2.4 ecotec in the Cobalt...you either get the new VVT 2.2, or you go to the SS.
-appearance package is still available that allows the cobalt to look like the old Sport automatic model (17" wheels, spoiler, fog lights, etc), but once again, only avaialbe with the 2.2

I wonder if this means the 2.4 will be dropped from the HHR for 09 also (because of the improvements in the 2.2). I actually hope it will..I'd consider another HHR for purchase If I could get the new economical 2.2 but with the 17" polished wheels and fog lights.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Good changes overall on the new Bu but the lack of a nav system for 09 is a bit of a letdown

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good changes overall on the new Bu but the lack of a nav system for 09 is a bit of a letdown
That was never in the cards, and as GM people have said before, it's because the Epsilon wiring, etc. Odd, but at the same time, the number of people who actually get a Nav on a $20-30k sedan that offers on is SMALL. And for what it is, the simple Turn-by-Turn is loved...just without the status symbol of an expensive screen.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With regard to the Cobalt, some things I noticed, let me know if I missed something:

-SS sedan will NOT be available with an automatic, only a manual, just like the SS coupe
-No more 2.4 ecotec in the Cobalt...you either get the new VVT 2.2, or you go to the SS.
-appearance package is still available that allows the cobalt to look like the old Sport automatic model (17" wheels, spoiler, fog lights, etc), but once again, only avaialbe with the 2.2

I wonder if this means the 2.4 will be dropped from the HHR for 09 also (because of the improvements in the 2.2). I actually hope it will..I'd consider another HHR for purchase If I could get the new economical 2.2 but with the 17" polished wheels and fog lights.
VVT 2.2L is the only engine on all, then the SS 2.0L Turbo DI, yes. No more 2.4L. Also, the 4-speed auto is standard on LT sedans, but a stick standard on all others. For the SS coupe & sedan, it's stick only.

Not sure what any of it means for the HHR--I'd venture to say it being large & heavier, will keep the 2.4L--but we'll see momentarily.

·
Registered
818 Posts
It looks like bluetooth is going to be just a module that gets plugged into the standard GM corporate radio, the one with the big knob in the middle. Is there going to be a way to retrofit it to some older examples of this corporate radio? I would love to put it in my 06 Vue.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Heard this before, glad to see confirmed. So where does the USB port exist then? Is it a corporate bowtie radio with a port on the lower corner or something?

I'm curious to see how this reconfig performance display looks/is...any idea guys (cough ChevRev and insider comments* cough)

I assume the Turbo Cobalt SS' rims will be offered in chrome/polished aluminum? Or will they look different (I like the Z06 Vette look they have to them)

CobaltSS
Someone said it would be on the front faceplate of the radio like the AUX jack.
I hope that's not true. It would be much nicer if it was in a storage compartment where you could keep your iPod without having the cable dangling down the dashboard and then having to unplug and hide it every time you park so it doesn't invite theft.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Why would they take away the power pedals that is an important feature when the drivers of the car are different heights.

·
Banned
17,572 Posts
It looks like bluetooth is going to be just a module that gets plugged into the standard GM corporate radio, the one with the big knob in the middle. Is there going to be a way to retrofit it to some older examples of this corporate radio? I would love to put it in my 06 Vue.
Rumor is that any 2009 car that has Bluetooth will have a corresponding kit for 2008 and earlier cars for ones that use the same radio AND have OnStar.

So the 2008 Malibu w/ OnStar and the 2008 Cobalt (does the 2007 have the Black Tie Radio, if so add that) w/ OnStar should have dealer installed kits.

After all the modules piggy backs off the OnStar Mic and Buttons.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Banned
17,572 Posts
Someone said it would be on the front faceplate of the radio like the AUX jack.
I hope that's not true. It would be much nicer if it was in a storage compartment where you could keep your iPod without having the cable dangling down the dashboard and then having to unplug and hide it every time you park so it doesn't invite theft.
It ptobably is on the Radio, a la MyGig. Notice how the Cobalt gets UUI (the new Radio with USB) while the Malibu gets the older radio's. I'd expect mid model changes on that.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Rumor is that any 2009 car that has Bluetooth will have a corresponding kit for 2008 and earlier cars for ones that use the same radio AND have OnStar.

So the 2008 Malibu w/ OnStar and the 2008 Cobalt (does the 2007 have the Black Tie Radio, if so add that) w/ OnStar should have dealer installed kits.

After all the modules piggy backs off the OnStar Mic and Buttons.
Does this have the same bluetooth functionality as the Cadillac STS ("voice pass-thru" feature etc.) ?

Is it the exact same hardware as the STS uses?

·
Registered
84 Posts
It ptobably is on the Radio, a la MyGig. Notice how the Cobalt gets UUI (the new Radio with USB) while the Malibu gets the older radio's. I'd expect mid model changes on that.

I found the picture of the Cobalt's UUI radio with USB port

This post says a USB port will go onto the Malibu's console http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/...ration-personal-audio-link-62373/#post1353051

I wonder how long they will delay the radio update for the Malibu and why they won't put this port in a place that will be neat and out of sight?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts