GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Not sure if the 09's are out yet. Where did you get the MPG figures? Only the Malibu Hybrid gets 32 mpg, the standard I4 gets 30 mpg. Also the Saturn Aura gets the same: Hybrid = 32 mpg, standard = 30 mpg.

·
Premium Member
34,369 Posts
But those Hybrid number use only the moving portion of the Jorney, (trip computer calculations do not take into account when Engine is off)

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
But those Hybrid number use only the moving portion of the Jorney, (trip computer calculations do not take into account when Engine is off)
What are you talking about? Miles per gallon is simply calculated my dividing the miles driven by the gallons of gas used. Hybrid or not.

·
Super Moderator
20,962 Posts
Not sure if the 09's are out yet. Where did you get the MPG figures? Only the Malibu Hybrid gets 32 mpg, the standard I4 gets 30 mpg. Also the Saturn Aura gets the same: Hybrid = 32 mpg, standard = 30 mpg.
Didn't the Malibu and Aura get MPG boosts for 2009? With the 6-speed auto tranny and the 2.4L ECOTEC? I think they're both at 33 MPG now, 34 MPG for the hybrid.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
09 Malibu will not get 33 Standard as it won't have the 2.4/6 speed combo standard. The Aura however will.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Isn't it standard on LT/LTZ models though?
I'm so confused. :confused:
The 2.4L/6-speed is standard on 2LT and LTZ Malibu trims, and a standalone option for 1LT's. Base LS models stick with the 4-speed only.

As for ratings, the 6-speed setup for '08 is rated at 22/32 as stated and may jump next year a touch, but I don't know if anything has been published yet...but many such '09s are already built and arriving, so it should be known pretty quickly for sure. Whatever the Aura is rated at, the Malibu should be the same, unless there's been some change where the engine management software and other things are tuned quite differently for the first time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts