GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
This company does not possess a single original styling idea. Holy Civic, Batman!

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
It does remind one of the Civic...only it looks better than the Civic. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Looks MUCH better than the Droopy Dawg melted candy bar Civic.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I wonder if the interior is still going to look like a last-generation Honda

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
That front looks more Accord to me

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
I like it. It looks very much like an even more stylized Lexus IS, especially in the rear and taillights. It has alot of detail I'm not seeing in the new Cobalt replacement such as low-profile tires and turn signals in the mirrors. I also like the sculpted look of the lines in the hood and lower greenhouse area. The Koreans are comeing, America, and Japan better not ignor this!

·
Registered
8,971 Posts
I think it looks a good bit better than the Civic.
Yes, but it's still so close to the Civic it's absurd.

And I say that as someone a lot more positive towards Hyundai and Kia than most people on these boards.

You can bet the Forte will be 95% of a Civic at 80% of the price.

·
Premium Member
9,366 Posts
Not bad at all! It's not an original design (did you expect it to be?) but it's certainly improved on the Civic it copied.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I was hoping Kia don't make the Koup concept as a reality, since I hated that car for what it really was, was the ripped off Civic, plain and simple, just like Chinese copied BMW, Daewoo, Kia, Mercedes, and others to the grill and everything. This should not make it into production. It's a shameful copy to the Civic as everyone knows. First, Hyundai followed what Chinese did by copying Lexus, BMW, and Merc for their Genesis, now their offspring Kia goes one step further and blatenly ripps off Civic without shame.

Geesh.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
It looks like the Civic with an MCE. The sculpted flanks look better than Civic, and the nose is more detailed as well.

Knowing this will be a few thousand less than Civic, I think they have a winner!

·
Banned
1,083 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts