GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Interesting how GM is putting more inflator kits in cars instead of spare tires. I guess if you need to save weight getting rid of a 60lb spare and jack is an easy decision.

Also nice to see the Colorado/Canyon get a V8 option.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
5.3 V8 available in the GMT355's... If its a standalone option (like the 3.7 is, unless it is for an SS model :D), then I may actually consider a Colorado... I dearly hope they don't keep those massive "HYBRID" badges on the sides of the GMT900's... 3.6 DI is on the 2 mode Vue Hybrid... 2.2 Ecotecs now available across the G5 range (used to be 2.4 only in the US, I think?)... Who designed the interior of the Vibe? I've seen it many times, sat in it, and this reminded me of how much I don't like it! And this pretty much confirms the Camaro as a 2010 model...

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
W-body LaCrosse gets bluetooth for its last hurrah. An aux jack for that radio would have been nice.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Seems like only yesterday I was reading the 2008 GM Guide.

I was a little surprised to not see the Uplander. I guess I just expected it to stick around forever. Odd that the 9-7x is still around, I was expecting it to go for 2009?

The TrailBlazer and Envoy look terrible. They have to either be tidied up, or dumped.

The pic they used for the Impala made it look like it had a tiny facelift. Apparently it hasn't though.

I could comment on everything but I won't. Overall though, a few nice little changes were made. It's nice to see GM really back on track... they have a very solid line-up. Sure, there is still work to be done (Cobalt, G5, G6) but you can't say it's a bad range of vehicles.

Maybe it's the late-night delirium kicking in but... I am happy I am a GM supporter.

·
Registered
76 Posts
V8 in the Colarado..nice
Locking front diff in the H3... nice nice...this thing is going to kick A$$ off road.
All in all things are looking good at the General:yup:

·
Registered
4,569 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
check GM order guide. the 6 speed is available with 5.3L engine but not 4.8L engine. Its standard on 4WD models but on 2WD you can only get it with flexfuel 5.3L V8.
Where can I get the order guide. From what I see in the pdf at the start of this thread and from what I saw at the article I posted it appears the 6spd is not available in the Tahoe 5.3 2WD model. I guess it doesn't matter any way. With all these strikes at GM you cannot order anything even if they did build it. Really, I am so feed up with GM. I would have bought one at introduction had it been competitive. Today, they are just not...

·
Registered
687 Posts
wow 6.2 L engine and all they can get is 395hp. That is just sad.
Who cares what the engine's specific horsepower is...As long as it offers good horsepower, torque, and fuel economy, which it does.

Is the S2000's 2.2L engine superior to the Corvette 6.2L engine because it makes 110 HP/liter while the Vette makes ~80 HP/liter? Even though they get almost identical fuel economy and the Vette has twice the horsepower and three times the torque?

·
Registered
260 Posts
check GM order guide. the 6 speed is available with 5.3L engine but not 4.8L engine. Its standard on 4WD models but on 2WD you can only get it with flexfuel 5.3L V8.
Found the guide and indeed you are accurate according to that. Lets hope that it is. Question is, why does it not say that in the above pdf?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts