GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i got it.

it's a 09 Strykyr Blue G8 GT with the Premium Package

the performance is amazing, if you like RWD, V8(power), 4 doors, and a good deal then this is a car you may like

i don't really need to talk about the performance that much and i will probably update this thread after i break in the engine so i can go WOT

but needless to say i have not gone WOT and it is FAST, im able to tackle round abouts no problem, it takes actually no skill to speed right through one

now on to the interior.....its BIG!.....very comfortable. The seats hug you but not more than you would like. There are a lot of features with the sound system and the A/C as well with the computer in the dash. now the fit and finish is better than most cars i have been in, but it is not the best. I guess i might be a little unfair sense it is compared to BMW a lot and my mother X5 has exceptional fit and finish feel. But overall the interior is great!.......my favorite feature besides the V8 and RWD is the remote start. i have already(less than 5 hours off the lot) had people looking around my car when at the grocery store, i start the car from my key and they jump back a little, lol, it was great and then they asked me what it was i explained and they said it looked great

i will post up some pics tomorrow when i have sun light. and i will update this thread with any pros or cons i find

Pros:
great engine(pulls hard at all speeds and rpms)
good trans
RWD(its sad that this is now a pro instead of something standard)
interior space
seats
remote start
if you like blue then you will like my color
i finally got to go down on the interior materials and the dash is much better than i thought, it is soft touch(i don't think it is plastic)
Cons:
they removed the "Atari" gauges in the center stack but now it just looks empty and bland(im going to try and be creative with that space)
the access to open the trunk from inside the car is in the glove box
no auto dim rear view mirror(yeah im spoiled with the one i have in my truck)
somewhat small side mirrors(again im spoiled by the huge ones on my truck)
center console can be wiggled if you apply a lot of force(most people would not notice)
shifter is "ok"
GM said there was to be Bluetooth in the 09s yet now i am being told it does not(i will look into this)
manual mode is laggy(maybe a tune will fix this)
as of tonight the FE is not great although better than my truck but its brand new and i think i will put FE in pros when it is broken in and i stop punching it after every red happy
Little things to note:
has a digital speedometer(i like)
air piston hood so it stays up by itself(i like)
condensation in the headlights(i dislike)
tells me my average MPG( i like and dislike lol)
dual climate control(i like especially when having a girl in the car lol)
with 4 people all weighing over 140 lbs (2 over 200) and without going WOT it still pulls hard(i like)
2 complements already
middle back seat can fold completely down revealing the trunk and has 2 cup holders and a nice "table" surface big enough to play cards on IMO(i like)
i used OnStar for the first time and was pleased with it, the girl could hear me clearly and i could hear her clearly without having to raise our voices(i like)
stability and traction control can be completely turned off(i like)
has a black box(i dislike)
when on a badly paved road, you feel it. a road i always traveled in my truck now feels like a country road(i dislike but can't complain because it is a sport suspension)
huge trunk(i like)
no spare but has a portable inflator with sealant(not sure)
sound system could be better but it can get extremely loud(i have not tested it out completely)

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
wow nice color. I'd be so into one of these (GT) if a stick was available.

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
The 2009's will have Bluetooth, but it is a late availability option. As of last check there were no 2009 on the market with Bluetooth. I've heard they will start showing up in December-January.

Awesome car!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Turn the steering wheel the other way next time, so the face of the front wheel faces the camera. :p:

Nice ride!

·
Registered
721 Posts
That is my favorite color on those cars.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Beautiful car man...really is. If it wasnt for Camaro...Id be looking into a G8 GT.
Clearly the best GM car sold in America dollar for dollar.
Wish I had the disposable income to sink into both...

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
I saw a red '09 GT the other day and wow what a great looking car. Awesome ride. I don't know what I like more, this or the Camaro.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts