GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my mom was ready for a new car and traded in her 05 Hyundai Sonata for a new 09 Fusion SE I4 with the Sport Appearence Package in Vapor silver ( They had a black one too). Ford did a wonderful job with the sport appearence package ( especially inside) for the 900 hundred dollar option it is and the car drives awesome with the sport suspension while the aluminum accents definently add to the interior which has a very high quality feel to it. I'l get some actually pics of it up in a day or two but here's a pic of the exact same car......

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
My Dad just bought the exact same car, color and all. Looks great, although I wished it was Tuxedo black. It's an amazing car for the money, the seats are brilliant!

I took a boat-load of pictures, but I know most people have seen enough Fusions so I haven't shared :(.

·
Premium Member
35,159 Posts
My Dad just bought the exact same car, color and all. Looks great, although I wished it was Tuxedo black. It's an amazing car for the money, the seats are brilliant!

I took a boat-load of pictures, but I know most people have seen enough Fusions so I haven't shared :(.
I would like to assimilate your images. post em

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I love the seats and the whole interior, They had a black SAP but my mom preffered the silver. I will probably end up buying it from my parents in two years when my mom's ready for a new car so it was imperative that we got the sport package. :D

·
Premium Member
15,292 Posts
Also contributes to the American economy....
Not as much as if they were made in the U.S.

And thousands of Ford employees, and American citizens, who were involved with the current Fusion and the coming upgraded Fusion thank you as well.
Hmmm. Still, it's wrong to reward a country that allows drug cartels to plant drugs in U.S. parks and kidnap and kill U.S. citizens; that is doing nothing to help fight the stream of illegals from crossing over to our borders; that couldn't care less about the environment; and that allows gangs to kill tourists with out reprocussion with these lucrative labor deals when there are plenty of idle U.S. factories.

If it can't be made in the U.S., Canada is the only acceptable alternative.

But what do you care.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Hmmm. Still, it's wrong to reward a country that allows drug cartels to plant drugs in U.S. parks and kidnap and kill U.S. citizens; that is doing nothing to help fight the stream of illegals from crossing over to our borders; that couldn't care less about the environment; and that allows gangs to kill tourists with out reprocussion with these lucrative labor deals when there are plenty of idle U.S. factories.

But what do you care.
Well actually I have heard before on BON (Igor I believe) mention that since the Fusion is sold in other areas that tarriffs and what not prevent it from being built in the US. I would prefer it be made in the US but I feel it is better for the economy than a Toyota or Honda would ever be and the build quality is certainly not lacking.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts

But what do you care.
Not that I don't agree with you on buying american when possible, BUT There are plently of similar crimes committed in America. Not every american is a drug dealer, rapist and murderer but some are and not every Mexican is a kidnapper and killer, but some are.

Our government doesn't do to much about the illegals comming over,through and under the fence. Sure, we have annual raid of a chicken factory that makes the news but other than that not much. Why should Mexico care if the US doesn't seem to? In fact some in our government want to give them more rights.

If your concerned about the Fusion being assembled in Mexico talk to your congressmen and Ford about bringing jobs back to our shores.

·
Banned
1,436 Posts

But what do you care.
I have family in southern Texas.
I care a lot about Mexico and their economy, because when they suffer, even more illegals come here.

Expanding your base to include neighboring countries is not only smart business, but also humanitarian. We are after all, one big continent here, are we not? Mexico or Canada or America, we all can benefit from each other, and that is how it has been for many years. Or do you think that humans don't matter south or north of some invisible border?

·
Premium Member
15,292 Posts
I care a lot about Mexico and their economy, because when they suffer, even more illegals come here.

Expanding your base to include neighboring countries is not only smart business, but also humanitarian. We are after all, one big continent here, are we not? Mexico or Canada or America, we all can benefit from each other, and that is how it has been for many years. Or do you think that humans don't matter south or north of some invisible border?
Oh please. We have plenty of Americans that can use those jobs, so lay off the humanitarian pitch.

We need to worry about this country before we patch up others. Ford having a plant in Mexico isn't going to secure our borders or stop illegals from coming in.

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
Oh please. We have plenty of Americans that can use those jobs, so lay off the humanitarian pitch.

We need to worry about this country before we patch up others. Ford having a plant in Mexico isn't going to secure our borders or stop illegals from coming in.
Ford jobs in Mexico = less reason for Mexicans to illegally enter the US...um right?

I like the looks of the sport appearance package too. Fusion's a really good car at any rate, I rented one for a couple weeks last winter

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
people need to get off their horses - on both sides of the fence

Ford couls have built the Fusion here without a problem - Atlanta would have been perfect place for it ..

The only reason it is south of the borded has nothing to do with wages, or even Ford for that matter - it is all caused by Washington

Fusion was developped for US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina (and their sub-markets) - And (thanks to Washington) US-made goods have import tariffs in many of these countries. Mexico-made products do not - Ford officially stated it made as much as $3,000 per car difference. There is your reason. Simple as that.

Igor

·
Registered
7,874 Posts

Sounds like you will welcome the North American Union, the new super highway, and the Amero with open arms.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts