GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Hell around here I could get a Laramie with the Hemi for 28k, I think Nardelli must be planning on selling to Tata or Carlos Goshn

·
Registered
9,112 Posts
Hell around here I could get a Laramie with the Hemi for 28k, I think Nardelli must be planning on selling to Tata or Carlos Goshn
by a coincidence on this week Autoextremist's On the Table
(one arrow up) Nissan, et al. Chrysler is going to invest $1.8 billion in an expansion of its Jefferson North (Detroit) Assembly Plant. Good news for all of the companies planning on using Chrysler's facilities once they take over.
Note then Pete writen "companies" in plural and not in singular, I guess there on other player who might come in company of Renault-Nissan (besides Tata) like Fiat

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
I smell a possible failure. Why can't Dodge be competitive? It does look like a damn nice truck but I just lost all hope for Dodge.
The article says that these prices are going to be lower than the models they replace, and from what I've seen and driven, with a much better product than last year's. Sounds pretty competitive.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Jeez guys, 22k isn't that high. Besides, if anyone pays full price for a new truck, I have some beachfront property in Oklahoma I'd like to sell them.

A 2008 Ram starts at $23,050 :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
That's the best looking truck on the road IMO. Still wouldn't catch me in a truck but that one is sharp.
agreed I see tons of them over at CTC and they are sharp trucks. However Dodge may have trouble selling these trucks especially in a time when many people are moving towards smaller cars and are shying away from trucks.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
I sincerely hope these trucks sell great. It would do wonders for Chrysler Corp's future if that were to happen.

Also, I don't see Dodge taking as big a hit with the lagging truck market as Ford and GM b/c they weren't as big-a-sellers as the Fords and GM's. Sure, it's a cash cow for Chrysler, but not to the extent as trucks/suv's are for the others. From what I've always noticed, people who have bought Dodge trucks usually use them for work (their intended purpose), not as a status symbol.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The article says that these prices are going to be lower than the models they replace, and from what I've seen and driven, with a much better product than last year's. Sounds pretty competitive.

ok, lower but ford and GM are around 17-18k, and toyo are 22k. I still think they should "compete" more, like start at 19-21k.

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
Anyone that pays anything close to sticker price for a Chrysler...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts