GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys 2009 Nitros are out and about and unfortunately Chrysler decided to take the cheapskate route with its updates for the Nitro. I saw two of them today and things are not looking good. Exterior wise almost everything looks the same except for the tail lamps which are lifted directly from its cousin the Liberty so expect the rest of the changes (if any) to be in the interior. No pics unfortunately (they've eluded my lens so far) but I will be have a photo shopped pic ready a little later today

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
No offense but who really cares about the Nitro. Why doesn't Chrysler kill it and concentrate on the Liberty? The Nitro was never a strong seller to begin with. The model was great in theory and looks pretty decent IMO. But the cheap details and lack of refinement put it at the back of the pack.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
No offense but who really cares about the Nitro. Why doesn't Chrysler kill it and concentrate on the Liberty? The Nitro was never a strong seller to begin with. The model was great in theory and looks pretty decent IMO. But the cheap details and lack of refinement put it at the back of the pack.
True but I figured since the 2009 charger was talked about already Why not add the 09 Nitro. Also i did see the 2009 Chrysler 300 and expect the same changes as the charger meaning the dorky looking red stripe on the reverse lamps will be gone and it'll probably have the same interior tweaks and the same new hemi engine as its dodge sibling

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heres the photoshopped image that i promised. As you all can see I'm a little rough round the edges when it comes to using photoshop so please take it easy on me. Anyway The tail lamps on the photoshopped image have many of the same characteristics as the ones that i saw on the testers.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I like the look of the Nitro...but can't get past the idea that I could get nearly the same gas mileage in a Tahoe and have more room and a V8.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi guys 2009 Nitros are out and about and unfortunately Chrysler decided to take the cheapskate route with its updates for the Nitro. I saw two of them today and things are not looking good. Exterior wise almost everything looks the same except for the tail lamps which are lifted directly from its cousin the Liberty so expect the rest of the changes (if any) to be in the interior. No pics unfortunately (they've eluded my lens so far) but I will be have a photo shopped pic ready a little later today
No interior updates for the 2009 Nitro. The only new feature is that they added remote window open to the fob.

The 2009 Charger interior updates are only on the base SE model and consist of just a couple new pieces of plastic chrome and a different center bezel color.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
I like the look of the Nitro...but can't get past the idea that I could get nearly the same gas mileage in a Tahoe and have more room and a V8.
Bingo, small SUV's should average over 25 mpg, not under 20 mpg. GM is guilty of this as well.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
GMFan1111,

Thanks for the update(s) on the Dodge Nitro. I really like the overall size and capability (tow 5,000lbs) of the Nitro. Loaded they are quite nice.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
GMFan1111,

Thanks for the update(s) on the Dodge Nitro. I really like the overall size and capability (tow 5,000lbs) of the Nitro. Loaded they are quite nice.
No problem guys i also posted my photoshopped image on allpar as well and the folks there told me that I was actually very close to what the actual 09's lights look like. The new lights will have the same general shape as the photoshop but US spec Nitros will have red on the top half of the taillight and then white on the bottom half with bordering that will make it look very similar to the Liberty's.

As for 09 charger updates. I knew they were giving interior tweaks to the SE models but expect the red stripe on the reverse light to be cut regardless of trim I have seen 3 Chargers with that update and one 300 with a similar exterior tweak. Also If I catch any shots of a 09 Nitro I'll be sure to post them

1 - 9 of 9 Posts