GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My sister has been checking out cars, for what seems forever to me as I always get dragged into the conversations. She couldn't decide if she wanted a sedan or a crossover. She currently has a 97 Ford F-150 but she is graduating college so my dad decided to give her an upgrade.

They test drove the Enclave, she felt like she was 35 (she is 25).
Test drove the MKX, she liked the exterior a lot, but the interior was too boxy, boring for her.
Test drove RX350, liked the interior but couldn't get over the exterior.

So she ended up with a basically fully loaded 2009 CTS. Parents figured have a sedan for now, if she starts a family in the future you can always get a crossover later.

So here are the pictures, my mom butchered them trying to adjust them or something. Said they were taking late afternoon, so I'm guessing there was some massive west sun she was trying to correct for. They will do for now.

She loves it. She just has to dog proof the rear seat, haha yes her golden will be riding around in this. Makes me cringe.

·
Registered
7,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh Diamond White
3.6 DI
Panoramic Roof
Navigation
Upgraded Headlights

I'm pretty sure it has everything except the performance package...but they haven't' given me the actual print out. They are over in Houston and I'm in San Antonio.

Yes you have to have a front plate in Texas.

So now we have a 2008 Esclade ESV and 2009 CTS in the family. I'm going to have to do a little photoshoot with them come Thanksgiving.

·
Premium Member
6,926 Posts
Very nice on the CTS then.. I wouldn't want the performance package, personally.. I don't like stiff suspensions.. So her CTS is exactly the way I'd want mine.. Have you seen her car lit up at night? Or just as it's beginning to get dark? It looks amazing in that sort of light..

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Good choice the CTS has always been one of my favorite cars and put towels on the rear seats my brother does that so our dogs don't wreck the leather with their feet

·
Registered
7,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
She got the truck back in high school and my dad told her she had to get a pickup truck, because we needed an extra work truck sometimes.

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
Very nice car...

I personally think that's way too much car for a graduation present, but if your parents can easily afford it, then why not... On the other hand, I wouldn't want to drive around with such a car at her age. Screams "spoiled kid". (I could afford a very nice car but prefer my old beaters.)

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
Very nice car...

I personally think that's way too much car for a graduation present, but if your parents can easily afford it, then why not... On the other hand, I wouldn't want to drive around with such a car at her age. Screams "spoiled kid". (I could afford a very nice car but prefer my old beaters.)
LOL in Texas everything is bigger... I remember my aunt and her husband when they had their two kids. She had a 240 SX and he had a Camaro... for extra kid space

He bought a Corrado

Or better yet my own parents... when they had me, they got rid of the very late model Fiero 2M4 and got a Mazda coupe :D

Here the guy is saying well if the CTS is too SMALL maybe a crossover later :D:D:lmao::lmao:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
as jealous as I am, I can't get over the fact that she is 25 and mommy and daddy bought her a new car? I have bought all my cars since I was 15. oh well. Still like the car.

·
Registered
7,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My dad is blowing his money to get into a different tax bracket before Obama gets in. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I can't believe she liked the exterior of the MKX.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't see the problem getting her a car for graduation.

My family bought me a new car for graduation from high school & another one (an 85 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe) when I graduated college.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Nice car.

Parents figured have a sedan for now, if she starts a family in the future you can always get a crossover later.
???

Why would you want a crossover if you start a family? I own a Commodore which is only a bit bigger than a CTS, and it can fit a 3 kid family on a long trip, no problem.

·
Registered
7,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice car.

???

Why would you want a crossover if you start a family? I own a Commodore which is only a bit bigger than a CTS, and it can fit a 3 kid family on a long trip, no problem.

Kids plus a Golden Retriever in the back seat would not work. Plus my family has had Suburbans for 20 years now...its hard for us to downsize.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts