GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My lease on my optra is up soon and I'll probably be getting a cobalt as the deals on them are pretty good, especially as leasing is now virutally dead. Now, they have a "Team Canada" edition which I think basically has the 16" alloy wheels, sunroof etc. The one thing it has as well is a chrome grill and chrome door handles which I'm not a fan of. Is this standard on the 09' Cobalts or just part of the "team canada" edition. The sales guy wasn't really sure. The other thing, is the Sport Appearance package (RBO code - TV5) available in Canada, I guess it is basically the old 'Sport' model minus the 2.4l engine. The sales guy couldn't see anything about a sport appearance package on the computer, is was all this team canada package.

*UPDATE: Well, on the gmcanada website, under the "build your vehicle" option you can now build the 2009 cobalt. I guess the sports appearance package is not available in Canada as its not listed. Its a shame as I would have liked something that looked a bit more sportier then the LT coupe. I would have liked the SS but its too expensive, especially as the its not 0% and there are not as much finace cash and incentives as the on the LT. Plus i'd really have to get winter tires as they are summer performance only. The LT coupe is pretty nice though, especially for the deal I'm gonna get on it. It also looks like the chrome package is part of the Team Canada package. You probably could get an LT without it, but on the 'base' LT you can't get a sunroof, it all becomes packaged with the Team canada edition.

On a different note, is the GM performance cat-back exhaust worthwhile?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dealer did not put the chrome on, I happened to be there when the truck came in and it was already on. It was on most of the 2009s he had. Thats why I'm wondering if its a Canadian packaging thing.

·
Registered
9,751 Posts
From the GM Canada accessories page:

Chrome door handles, $53.05

Chrome grille, $194.50

But would they come with accessories from the truck? I always thought the dealer put those on.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Well, on the gmcanada website, under the "build your vehicle" option you can now build the 2009 cobalt. I guess the sports appearance package is not available in Canada as its not listed. Its a shame as I would have liked something that looked a bit more sportier then the LT coupe. I would have liked the SS but its too expensive, especially as the its not 0% and there are not as much finace cash and incentives as the on the LT. Plus i'd really have to get winter tires as they are summer performance only. The LT coupe is pretty nice though, especially for the deal I'm gonna get on it. It also looks like the chrome package is part of the Team Canada package. You probably could get an LT without it, but on the 'base' LT you can't get a sunroof, it all becomes packaged with the Team canada edition.

On a different note, is the GM performance cat-back exhaust worthwhile?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts