GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We should be seeing some information soon. I don't expect an AUX port unless they had the radio supplier design a unit with enough inputs for AM/FM/XM/OnStar/AUX, because at the moment that radio does not have enough.

I'd like to see navigation, sunroof, XM, and the panoramic windshield added. Oh, throw in a higher output engine...I'll buy.
sunroof is already available (at least on the 5-door XR it is).

· Registered
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I am wondering as well, I sent emails to Saturn & my local dealership, will let you know if I hear anything.

Like it said in the other thread, I like just about everything about the car, except for the fact of no AUX (Wireless FM is ****!) and no armrest, so I've got my fingers crossed if there is a 09

Those are my main things. I like the gas mileage, so it isn't AS important, but more horsepower wouldn't hurt. And maybe one of those shiftronic transmissions (manual is too much of a pita for me to enjoy it, and I've never had a car with one, but heard people who like the shiftronic)
I agree the FM transmitters are crap.

Here's an aftermarket armrest - I think it costs around $200-$300

http://www.astraarmrest.com/

· Registered
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I know that if you get really desperate, you can "install" your own mp3 jack in most cars.

You just need to order the CD changer option (or even a single disc CD player with a little more creativity), and then do some soldering, and run a headphone jack extension from the back of the stereo to somewhere in the cabin.

I looked into doing it on my current car but decided not to because I'll probably sell it soon. Here's the link: http://saabauxin.blogspot.com/

Needless to say I think this would void any warranty on the stereo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.