GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WorldCarFans has supposably confirmed engines for the new Camaro - the 3.6L V6 pulling out 270hp, and the 6.0L V8 pulling out 400hp. I guess that means that the V6 will not have direct injection like in the CTS/Lambdas.

Click HERE for the article - WorldCarFans

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Re: 2009/10 Camaro Engines Confirmed - 3.6L, 6.0L

WorldCarFans and GM have confirmed engines for the new Camaro - the 3.6L V6 pulling out 270hp, and the 6.0L V8 pulling out 400hp. I guess that means that the V6 will not have direct injection like in the CTS/Lambdas.

Click HERE for the article - WorldCarFans

I smell B.S.

The 6.0L is being discontinued, and the 6.2l is to replace it, it has more power, better efficiency, and better emissions.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts

It's supposed to have the LS3 so I'm not sure how legit this information is.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts

This is bull****. Period. Hell they even say the Camaro is going to have a hemi....delete this thread, its a bunch of crap.

BTW, the next time you say "GM Confirms", how about making sure it is an actual press release from GM, not a guess from some moron writers.

·
Registered
6,830 Posts

yeah, waste of time. i hope the interior does NOT look like that. Gauges/wheel are OK, but seriously, that center stack:barf::doh:

CobaltSS

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

This is bull****. Period. Hell they even say the Camaro is going to have a hemi....delete this thread, its a bunch of crap.

BTW, the next time you say "GM Confirms", how about making sure it is an actual press release from GM, not a guess from some moron writers.
Hey, I call 'em as I see 'em. Either way, the article did say that GM is the source, so I went with it. For now, I'll edit my first post.

5,934 Posts
Huh? They say the Hemi engine shuts down cylinders when not needed? I thought that was DOD. And isn't Hemi synonomus with Mopar.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Huh? They say the Hemi engine shuts down cylinders when not needed? I thought that was DOD. And isn't Hemi synonomus with Mopar.
The more I read the article, the more "wrong" the information feels.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts

I smell B.S.

The 6.0L is being discontinued, and the 6.2l is to replace it, it has more power, better efficiency, and better emissions.
Poorly written article aside....doesnt the G8 have a 6.0L? they aren't discontinuing the 6.0L...just the LS2.

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
These guys are waaaaay off base.
To answer your question, Chrysler calls it MDS: Multiple Displacement System.

The funny thing is that the Hemi was obviously designed with the LS as a benchmark.

·
Registered
7,686 Posts
Didn't someone at GM say that it would have the 3.6L direct injection engine in it? wasn't that Bob Lutz?

And the LS2 is gone so a 6.0L 400BHP engine would be out of the question, I can see the same engine that is in the G8 GT going into the Camaro but that would be the only 6.0L engine Id see going in the Camaro.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I dont believe this.. i think the V6 will at least have 300hp because the refreshed Mustang will most likely have the "EcoBoost" V6 making at least 300hp!

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
The SFI 3.6L is slowly getting phased out in favor of the new SIDI variant, so I find it unlikely that the Camaro will use the SFI version, or that they detuned the SIDI to 270.

Also, the LS2 is getting phased out, but the L92 6.0L is not. Regardless, I have not heard anything about the Camaro using a 6.0L V8 period.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Nothing is confirmed, but Id say you will see a DI'ed 3.6 making 280-300hp, a LS3 making 402hp like the G8 GXP, and possibly a top level engine like the LSA.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts