GM Inside News Forum banner

2008 Pontiac Fiero GT

7K views 59 replies 32 participants last post by  Hugger Z 
#1 · (Edited)
The Fiero has always been a commuter car trying to look like a Ferrari. Some say that was the car's biggest downfall; Awesome styling mixed with less than awesome performance. The Fiero was an excellent car in 1988 when it was cancelled, and in 1990 there were serious plans and even a prototype vehicle of a Fiero "Sports Car" with a rumored V8 powerplant. The project of course never made it into production and was scrapped.

I realize there are already 2 other Fiero concepts in this competition and I should be more original, but hey. Im a Fiero lover and owner so I have the right to ;)

Here she is

Updated version with no wing below.

See less See more
#8 ·
Great rear! Now show us full frontal...

I'm a big Fiero fan as well and would love to get my hands on a '88 GT. I wonder if Kappa could engineered to accept a mid mounted engine?

#10 ·
camaro_freak said:
car looks great without the wing....

fatten the tires up and show us a full on front shot!

nice job

Was your donor car an Audi Le Mans quattro concept ? I can't quite figure it out. :D
nope, the new lotus europa s. nice chop, i'd really like to see a front view. is there a window over the engine, like the cayman, or is it like the old fiero, where the engine area's open?

#11 ·
camaroman22 said:
nope, the new lotus europa s. nice chop, i'd really like to see a front view. is there a window over the engine, like the cayman, or is it like the old fiero, where the engine area's open?
The europa originally had the window covering the engine bay but i did my best to make it look old scool with the bare decklid

#18 ·
I love it - mainly because, as you said, it has a Ferrari look to it.. One of the main reasons the Chrysler 300C sells so much is because it looks like a Bentley.. For a fraction of the price, you can drive a car that looks like you make a million dollars a year. That's what I liked about the Fiero. It looked like a Ferrari but didn't cost anything in comparison.. There's nothing wrong with that! Nice work...

And, yes.. I would like to see the front. :)

#19 ·
Sal Collaziano said:
I love it - mainly because, as you said, it has a Ferrari look to it.. One of the main reasons the Chrysler 300C sells so much is because it looks like a Bentley.. For a fraction of the price, you can drive a car that looks like you make a million dollars a year. That's what I liked about the Fiero. It looked like a Ferrari but didn't cost anything in comparison.. There's nothing wrong with that! Nice work...
I agree, people want to look like a million bucks without paying that much. This car really does that.

#23 ·
Re: 2008 Pontiac Fiero GT (New Front Shot)

Although you did a great job, I don't like the car. It looks very dated. It reminds me a little of a Nissan ZX back and a Viper front. Actually the hood looks totally Viper. Although, ot be fair, I've always hated Fieros.

You are obviosly creative. I'd like to see you post more ideas.

#26 ·
Re: 2008 Pontiac Fiero GT (New Front Shot)

Amazing chop...IMO all it needs is different wheels and maybe headlights that are a little different, but that's it. It looks awesome, and I can definitely see it as a production model in a few years...maybe you should send it to Pontiac to give them an idea...it really looks great. How about some more colors?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.