GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Opel says the new car will set new technological and design standards for its segment. GM Europe’s Chief Marketing officer Alain Visser says the GTC concept of yesteryear is a good benchmark on which to get a good idea about where Opel is going in design terms. The German company did not however, elaborate on whether the new car will differ significantly interior-wise to the current Opels which have been criticized for dashboards that excite the eye just about as much as flipping through pictures of soil samples.

SOURCE: www.worldcarfans.com

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080311.014/2008-opel-insignia-teaser-revealed

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I am glad to hear that it is getting a wagon and hatch, though I was curious about these rumors of a V8 for the America version, read it over at Motor Authority

Powering the new car will be a range of four-cylinder and V6 engines including both petrol and turbodiesel units. The U.S.-spec Aura may also be available with a new V8 engine as well as a new hybrid option similar to that used in the new Chevrolet Malibu. You can see renderings of the car in our previous story or actual spy shots of it taken while testing.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/sedans/opel-releases-2009-insignia-teaser/

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

What's the red monitor-looking thing on top of the center stack? Just a regular display?
And will this ever have navigation?
Could be the face of the radio, I doubt it is nav, does not look big enough. I am curious why they went with red, most companies prefer a more gentle backlight, usually green or blue, though some companies offer the ability to change it at will

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I am glad to hear that it is getting a wagon and hatch, though I was curious about these rumors of a V8 for the America version, read it over at Motor Authority

Powering the new car will be a range of four-cylinder and V6 engines including both petrol and turbodiesel units. The U.S.-spec Aura may also be available with a new V8 engine as well as a new hybrid option similar to that used in the new Chevrolet Malibu. You can see renderings of the car in our previous story or actual spy shots of it taken while testing.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/sedans/opel-releases-2009-insignia-teaser/
With new CAFE, the available DI version on the HF V6 that makes near 300 hp and 108$/barrel, why should GM spend money trying fitting a V8 on a FWD car of that size ?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
With new CAFE, the available DI version on the HF V6 that makes near 300 hp and 108$/barrel, why should GM spend money trying fitting a V8 on a FWD car of that size ?
I do not know, that is why the rumor that I read on the site I posted confused me, not to mention the Epsilon 2 is supposed to get optional awd, so if there was a V8 option, it would come with the awd, like the Volvo S80.

·
Super Moderator
20,962 Posts
Could be the face of the radio, I doubt it is nav, does not look big enough. I am curious why they went with red, most companies prefer a more gentle backlight, usually green or blue, though some companies offer the ability to change it at will
Yes, in fact, that was one of the complaints some people had with the G8, that the backlights on the monitors were red and hard to see.
Actually, I don't know why, but the interior looks sorta Pontiac-ish to me.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Yes, in fact, that was one of the complaints some people had with the G8, that the backlights on the monitors were red and hard to see.
Actually, I don't know why, but the interior looks sorta Pontiac-ish to me.
Your right now that you mention it, does look a bit like a Pontiac style with the red lights. I guess that is why Ford is doing the thing in which people can adjust the color of the backlight, same as they are doing with the interior lights for the Flex.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts

What's the red monitor-looking thing on top of the center stack? Just a regular display?
And will this ever have navigation?
That is probably just the base stereo the space is large enough for a nav screen when viewed in passenger side shots. It appears to have a large bar under it to cut down on screen size for non navi models.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts