GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17,579 Posts
Holy Mama!

Citroen only +0,3% while Renault +15%??? On what, the lukewarm Laguna over the smoking hot C5?

Kudos to Fiat - they certainly know what they're doing. As concerns Nissan, I am confused - I don't think they launched anything new since last year...

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Well nice to see Toyota barely keeping even. I also expected to see Citroen doing better, but the Laguna is hot, and sales prove it! They may not have sold one to Bravada, but a good chunk of France loves it, because they're already everywhere.

Fiast has a lovely lineup including some very nice small cars, so it's nice to see them rewarded. I think that it's great that they kept the 500 so affordable... I'm sure it was tempting to price it higher.

I hope the new Ibiza is a success... I think it's a very sharp small-car design. The Sandero should be a hit like big-brother Logan too.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
conratulations French people for making good choice... Maybe not that good but better than buying anything with Toilet-a badge.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Just noticed that the new Aveo 3-door and 5-door are on the Chevrolet France site! I find it odd that the sedan isn't offered. Hatches may be more popular, but you'd think it would be easy enough to offer the sedan too. Besides, it has a prettier nose. Still, glad they still have a 3-door model... it's kinda cool! There are two updated enegines available... a 1.2L and a 1.4L. They actually get respectable fuel economy, if not class leading. The prices are quite competitive too.

Why isn't the HHR here yet?!? They really need to get their butts in gear. I can't imagine they sell any Rezzos. They have to hurry with the Nubira / Lacetti replacements too. If they can shore up the brand I think the Epica would have a better chance... it's not a bad car, it's just that no one knows about it. More buzz in general about Chevrolet would really help. That's where the HHR and Camaro become so important! I'd really love to see a Colorado with a diesel option join the lineup too. Why let Nissan and Toyota own the (albeit small) pickup truck market in Europe?

Hey, it would be cool if they could slap a Chevrolet nose on the Solstice... keep it simple and affordable and help get younger people interested in Chevrolet! Only offer the Opel GT (aka Sky) as the 2.0L turbo model, and only offer the Chevrolet version (aka Solstice) as the regular 2.4L model. While it wouldn't be worth making a Chevrolet nose for the car just for Europe, why not ship it to the Middle East too?

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Yeah, I'm really thinking more about this Chevrolet-Europe kappa roadster thing! What a great halo! The Opel Tigra starts at 18,300 euros and the Opel GT (Sky) starts at 31,400 euros. If GM could bring a Chevrolet kappa in around 24,000 euros I could see it completing the other GM roadsters nicely. The Solstice body is quite curvy, but Chevrolet's European lineup isn't really all that cohesive right now, so it wouldn't stick out all that much if they put a new nose with the new Chevrolet grille on it. Probably need new headlights and taillights too.

The Mazda Miata starts at around 21,000 euros, and that's with a 1.8L engine. I can see Chevy selling a few 2.4L kappas... though the credibility a car like this could bring would be the real reason to do it. How cool would it be if they could pop in the diesel from the Lacetti / Nubira into it, or offer a CNG version!!!

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
selling Pontiac Solstice with Chevy face and base engines - my words. I could even buy one.
HHR - if it only had Malibu-like interior. Another serious problem is lack of SS-version, which is just stupid.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts