GM Inside News Forum banner

2008 HDT VE Commodore

34K views 46 replies 25 participants last post by  RedVee8 
#1 ·
http://yahoo.drive.com.au/

It may not wear the Bathurst champion's signature on its flanks but this is the closest creation yet to a modern version of a Brock Commodore.

Based on the latest Commodore but designed to look like Brock's first Commodore, right down to the red, white and black stripes, it has been specially built by HDT, which is now in the hands of a new owner and long time friend of Peter Brock.

Peter Champion owns the largest collection of Brock road cars and race cars in Australia. The former coal truck driver and mining contractor has put a lot of his wealth and passion into keeping the memory of Brock alive since the motor racing champion's death in a road rally in September 2006.

Unlike the original Brock Commodores, which are fetching record prices on the muscle-car market, the latest model doesn't come with Holden's blessing and you can't buy one at a Holden dealer.

continued here - http://yahoo.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=51062&vf=12

See less See more
#7 ·
The first link took me to the Ford Falcon and to tell you the true, Ford is absolutely stupid not to sell it in N.A, it is one of the best vehicles I have seen in a long time.

Nice story about Peter Champion.

#10 ·
Not really...The car is brand new, Ford kis still trying to fix everything here and probably doesn't have all the resources to bring it fast, and then there are exchange and testing issues. I really don't think it has anything to do with it being Aussie. Ford utilizes a lot of world platforms for its vehicles in NA.

#12 ·
1989 Chevy Beretta...Trying to find better photos of a white Beretta for comparison, but these give you some idea. I haven't seen the back of the Commodore, but look at the greenhouse...Even the heavily modified (very sloppy job, I must add) Beretta is very similar!

By the way, I am not saying they are exactly alike nor am I comparing performance. Just certain styling similarities which shocked me given the 20-year age difference.

#14 ·
Very nice.
Rarer than a HSV by miles.

#15 ·
Thanks, Monaro...

As for my pics, I could not resize them no matter how many times I tried. Some are going to be big...some small. Oh, well...

Here are a couple more...It is a two-door, but it gives you an idea of the similarities (and differences)...

Greenhouse is similar, the Commodore having a more arching roofline.

Gotta love the big Chevy window stickers...Ha, ha!

I find the sides are alike in that they are both a little slab-sided. Body kits aren't all that different either.

#17 ·
That red car is not a Beretta. It is a Corsica with some mods. Yes, same platform...Slightly different styling. Forgot to mention that the Beretta was a coupe.

I am not trying to make the Holden and the Beretta look the same; they just do to an extent. See pics I added.

The wheels either look like donks or Bonneville Salt Flats' specials. ;)

#18 ·
For our American friends who are wondering what FWD car the older Commodore looks like....

Here is a larger side shot to show how set back the cabin is, as one would expect on a proper RWD car which, besides a V8, also could take a straight inline 3.3 six cylinder engine under the hood.

;)

#30 ·
Tastefully done.:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.