GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Just to let everybody know, the SS/TC is now up on Chevy's website.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had the opportunity to spend some time with the new 2008 Turbo Cobalt :)
Below is my write-up:
http://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=100035
Thank you
Appreciate the first review, great job. Seriously thinking about getting back into one. Had a 05 Rallly Yellow SS/SC for two years as a summer car. Looking at it just sitting in my garage from December to April was torture though (live in Michigan.) Loads of fun though.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Appreciate the first review, great job. Seriously thinking about getting back into one. Had a 05 Rallly Yellow SS/SC for two years as a summer car. Looking at it just sitting in my garage from December to April was torture though (live in Michigan.) Loads of fun though.
Hey, just drive it. I live in Ohio and drive my ss/sc year round :drive:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey, just drive it. I live in Ohio and drive my ss/sc year round :drive:
I know...I should have. This is the first year in a long time we've had a really bad winter as far as snow amounts. Any other year the roads were in decent shape by mid morning. How do the P-Zero's do in snow? I actually looked into some Blizzaks when I had it for around $800 or so from Tire Rack but I had another car I could use at the time, but now I don't.

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
I think I may test drive a turbo Cobalt one of these days just to see how the no-lift throttle thing works.

I feel bad going to a dealership just to **** around a car knowing I won't buy one, though.

·
Registered
6,830 Posts
hahahahahahaha, in the turbo pic thread I've been posting. On top of that, theres kind of a 'gathering' going on at our house tonight, so I'm just hanging out. Hopped on AIM for a second so thought I'd check GMI real quick.

Turbo is awesome, can't wait to get one!

CobaltSS

CobaltSSFTW!

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
hahahahahahaha, in the turbo pic thread I've been posting. On top of that, theres kind of a 'gathering' going on at our house tonight, so I'm just hanging out. Hopped on AIM for a second so thought I'd check GMI real quick.

CobaltSS

CobaltSSFTW!
Holy S***, for a minute I thought the aliens got him just like they did with OldDood.....

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
2008 Cobalt SS coupe will start at $22,995
Not to bad! I am pretty excited about this one! My GMS price coupled with a sweet summer intrest rate could see one of these in my garage! And I for one like the large wing spoiler! SWEET, from the pics it looks like Jewel Red made it into the SS color selection! I'll take 1 with Ebony interior please!

Holy S***, for a minute I thought the aliens got him just like they did with OldDood.....
Dont start all that again! We dont want another runaway thread!:D

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Great to hear, sounds like a heck of a compact. But like its been said before, and these pictures show it, more needs to be done to the appearance of the car. A new set of more agressive GFX would just do it at this point. You have projector foglamps and a some silly side skirts, and the only thing that makes this different then a Cobalt Sport coupe is a wing!!
Make it more agressive cause you are selling it to more agressive buyers. Aka rice it out cause you are selling it to ricers. When in Rome....

·
Registered
1,340 Posts

CobaltSS

CobaltSSFTW!
:bounce::bounce::hyper::hyper:

I was thinking the same thing. :yup:

·
Registered
6,053 Posts

CobaltSS

CobaltSSFTW!
Just don't get that 9 year loan you were talking about! ;)

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I think it looks really good even though this car will be replaced. Once again, I have negative comments. For the amount of money you spend for this car, did they soften the top of the dash to reduce some future rattles ? There should a 5 or 6 speed auto optional and I will not bring up the Navigation issue.

Like I said before, if GM didnt want to redo the Cobalt, all they have to do is change the front, rear, give it a new dash and obviously more gears for the auto.

·
Registered
6,830 Posts
I think it looks really good even though this car will be replaced. Once again, I have negative comments. For the amount of money you spend for this car, did they soften the top of the dash to reduce some future rattles ? There should a 5 or 6 speed auto optional and I will not bring up the Navigation issue.

Like I said before, if GM didnt want to redo the Cobalt, all they have to do is change the front, rear, give it a new dash and obviously more gears for the auto.
once again, Cobalt was going to get the MCE for 2008 but for some reason ($$$$) it was cancelled. GM knew what to do, but other car programs got the money first and we are supposed to get an all new Delta 2 cobalt in the near future so the cost/benefit relationship for GM obviously wasn't there. Transmission changeover takes TIME which many GMI'ers don't understand. I find it funny that you did bring up the navigation issue by saying you will not bring it up :rotf:

Like I said before, GM doesn't see the benefit in doing that IE selling more Cobalts to justify doing that, which I think is extremely disappointing, but its true.

For the record, my belief is the MCE should have looked like this front clip wise and minus wide body kit:

with a malibu inspired dash. Above is the 2005 Cobalt SS wide body concept. :D

CobaltSS

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.