GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I really thought an Aura Coupe Would be Cool. So I decided this would be cool.
Original:

FRDesign Coupe:

I also have a REDLINE Version Coming Soon!
REDLine:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,852 Posts
I wish Saturn would do a coupe of this car. It would be the perfect opportunity to go real aggressive especially on the Redline version and start getting some people over the age of 30 excited about their cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,879 Posts
camaroman22 said:
but then it would overlap the G6 gxp coupe.

i dont really like the blackout grille, maybe some mesh instead?
The ION Redline and the Cobalt SS... either way, money is going to GM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,782 Posts
Shibby! But I would have personally placed the side vent on the rear panel, behind the door. Thanks for taking my suggestions in the WIPS. Awesome job!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,131 Posts
Three things I'd say should be changed...

1. Coupe roofline - needs to slope more..
2. Wheelbase - shorter wheelbase, that's one of the big things I can't stand about the G6 coupe, it looks to long between the doors and the rear bumper...
3. RL version shouldn't have that random induction vent in the door - a smaller one back by the rear wheel well would look much better a la Z06.

Other than that, I like it! (Though a slightly different front bumper would help out in the styling department as well...)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,497 Posts
HoeyHimself said:
The ION Redline and the Cobalt SS... either way, money is going to GM
i thought aura was epsilon:confused: . i saw a bunch the other day and they looked bigger thatn ion/cobalt.
----------------------
about the redline version:
that intake on the side looks out of place, not to mention totally fake. the shadows in the mesh on the bumper shouldn't go all the way around, just in certain places like the top and left side (for this pic). and there should be a 'wall' betweed the start of the mesh on the left side (of each mesh patch) and a slight 'floor' to show depth (similar to the griles on entry 'J' from contest 110). take it or leave it, that's what needs to be done. aside from those minor things it looks pretty good :yup: .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
818 Posts
i think hoey was referring to camaroman when he said it would overlapp the g6 GXP coupe and he pointed out the fact that the ION redline and Cobalt SSS coexisted
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,407 Posts
AmericanRevolution said:
2. Wheelbase - shorter wheelbase, that's one of the big things I can't stand about the G6 coupe, it looks to long between the doors and the rear bumper...
That's one of the things I hate about the G6 Coupe. I thought and still think that it looked weird on the LWB. Now, it's starting to grow on me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,131 Posts
TAHOE LT said:
That's one of the things I hate about the G6 Coupe. I thought and still think that it looked weird on the LWB. Now, it's starting to grow on me.
Ya, it definately isn't growing on me. If they fix that (and the Solara-like tail) I'd fall for it easily.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,497 Posts
lightbrotha2004 said:
i think hoey was referring to camaroman when he said it would overlapp the g6 GXP coupe and he pointed out the fact that the ION redline and Cobalt SSS coexisted
but they're different enough looking that few people outside of the 'car crazies' like us would even know that little bit of information. i think that, despite the differing design themes, the aura looks extremely similar to the g6.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top