GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
It might look good if they removed the dalmation paint job ;)

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The paint job is to distort your view of the car so you cant pick up certain things. Its like an optical illusion.

As for whats under the hood... I dont expect to be anything more then what the present cobra has. I figure a supercharged dohc 4v headed model like that last with more accurate power ratings of anywhere of 420-435hp.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I think the new Cobras will have more power then 420 - 435. The new base Vettes will kick out about 400 HP, with the Z06s rumored to have about 500hp. I wouldn't be suprised to see the new Cobras and Lightnings have the same engine under the hood, with somewhere around 500HP.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Seen it before... and still hope they don't put that fugly cowl hood on it. :angry:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Its dressed up like a stock 05 Other than the crowel hood (The hood hints This will probably be the 5.4) Id expect the cobra to portray a more unique look from the regular Mustang GT than this proto type.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have seen that car around rochester, MI without the hood on it. Maybe it is a test mule for a corbra engine or other technology.

:flush: FORD

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ford stated publicly they were shooting for 500-hp naturally aspirated, but recent rumors have them dialing up the blower to get approx. 450hp.

5,934 Posts
Hmm, is Steve McQeen back ?

<_<

5,934 Posts
NOW GM MUST FOLLOW THROUGH AND PUT THE 'SOUL' OF THE 1967-1969 CAMARO/FIREBIRD INTO THE 40TH ANNIVERSARY CAMARO.

<_< :bounce: <_<

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
that hood looks over 3 inches high, which is illegal in most states. Some states its 4 inches.

·
Registered
302 Posts
it doesn't look that big it just looks like an exaggerated version of the concepts hood it'll be interesting what some of the specs actually are

and unless ford's developed a new V-8 i wouldn't expect the modular engine to reach any where near 500hp on a atmo motor

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
I'm guessing the cowl hood is just for the prototype.

·
Registered
819 Posts
First of all that hood is horrible and wouldn't be legal.

Second of all Ford won't put anything near 500 hp in the cobra because it will make the GT look like ****. Imagine, 550 hp car for 140,000 and a 500 hp car for a less then 50,000. They won't do that. Maybe 500 for the lightning but not for the cobra. I think it will be 400-420hp. We also haven't seen big changes in the other models(190 went to 200 and 260 went to 300). Another thing that would leave a huge gap in their line up( 200hp, 300hp, 500hp!). Not going to happen

Corvette rules!! :D

·
Registered
809 Posts
A DOHC-engined car will never be as affordable, powerful and agile as a corvette. DOHC may be superior, but they're heavier and cost more money not to mention the room they take up.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts