GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
36,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran across a new white 2007 Malibu Maxx LT, no options so it stickers around 20800. Dealer says he'll advert it at 16,500 later this week. There's 1250 cash on these plus an active mil of 500 (we are both retired mil...no longer worth the $$?).

So is 15 grand a fair offer for this car with 50 miles on it?

How do people like their Maxxs?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I ran across a new white 2007 Malibu Maxx LT, no options so it stickers around 20800. Dealer says he'll advert it at 16,500 later this week. There's 1250 cash on these plus an active mil of 500 (we are both retired mil...no longer worth the $$?).

So is 15 grand a fair offer for this car with 50 miles on it?

How do people like their Maxxs?

My experience is that most people I have sold the MAXX to they really like it because of the versatility and the visabilty. My Lil' Sis found out how safe the construction is by getting hit by an over-loaded cargo van and was uninjured and the car suffered well over $7,000 in damage.

I think that the price they are advertising is fair considering there is $715 mark-up and the retail incentive is $1250 and your military incentive of $500. This is good with Retired Military !! (not if you served your 4 and got out

THis means you would be at $18,335 at dealer invoice. So don't walk but run!! this is a time to take advantage of the left-over Deal!

Safe Traveling to you

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
15 sounds reasonable. I see a lot of Bu' Maxx come in on lease turn in and I get an opportunity to drive them and they seem really solid.

·
Premium Member
36,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My experience is that most people I have sold the MAXX to they really like it because of the versatility and the visabilty. My Lil' Sis found out how safe the construction is by getting hit by an over-loaded cargo van and was uninjured and the car suffered well over $7,000 in damage.

I think that the price they are advertising is fair considering there is $715 mark-up and the retail incentive is $1250 and your military incentive of $500. This is good with Retired Military !! (not if you served your 4 and got out

THis means you would be at $18,335 at dealer invoice. So don't walk but run!! this is a time to take advantage of the left-over Deal!

Safe Traveling to you
Thanks for the feedback.
The salesman said the mil discount DOES NOT APPLY to retired mil.
Are you saying 15 grand is a fair offer, or 16,500 a fair price to pay? The car IS one model year old now, so I'd say that's a couple grand in depreciation.
Thanx,

·
Premium Member
36,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
15 sounds reasonable. I see a lot of Bu' Maxx come in on lease turn in and I get an opportunity to drive them and they seem really solid.
The car felt very solid. The 3.5 217 HP feels far more advanced and powerful than the 3.4 180HP of three years back.

I would expect highway MPG at 30-34.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Thanks for the feedback.
Are you saying 15 grand is a fair offer, or 16,500 a fair price to pay? The car IS one model year old now, so I'd say that's a couple grand in depreciation.
Thanx,
No matter what anyone tells you, a one year old car is worth a lot less even if it is still considered new.

$15,000 is a fair offer, but be prepared to negotiate up from there. I doubt the dealer will take your offer at first blush. If $15k is all you want to pay excluding taxes, title etc. then you might want to offer a bit less to give yourself some room to negotiate.

·
Premium Member
36,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No matter what anyone tells you, a one year old car is worth a lot less even if it is still considered new.

$15,000 is a fair offer, but be prepared to negotiate up from there. I doubt the dealer will take your offer at first blush. If $15k is all you want to pay excluding taxes, title etc. then you might want to offer a bit less to give yourself some room to negotiate.
Roger that, thanks for the input.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks for the feedback.
Thanx,
I say ask for what you can but they are stretching to get this car off the inventory and $16,500 is a strong offer.

Your Sales Guy is correct they had changed the incentive qualifications to Active and Reserve only.

Depreciation is always a concern but they are giving you depreciation consideration. They have already paid for this car and recieved any monies that they are owed now it is time for them to stop losing money on this investment. They are really offering a strong deal.

"Be sure not to think yourself out of the winning lottery ticket".

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
As far as how I Like my Maxx I love it, and I AM NOT a wagon kinda guy....and my GF HATES 4 doors, but Icant get here out of this one, she even sold her civic coupe, and took over my lease, so Im demoted to the Jeep....anyhow solid after 2 years for me , no rattles, still handles nice, alls good, I got the SS, but more or less the same, little more Power.....heh...

as far as price, whatever your comfortable with, being an 07 I would think the dealer would be open to some negotiations....but if hes like ours here....lol.... good luck.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
As far as how I Like my Maxx I love it, and I AM NOT a wagon kinda guy....and my GF HATES 4 doors, but Icant get here out of this one, she even sold her civic coupe, and took over my lease, so Im demoted to the Jeep....anyhow solid after 2 years for me , no rattles, still handles nice, alls good, I got the SS, but more or less the same, little more Power.....heh...

as far as price, whatever your comfortable with, being an 07 I would think the dealer would be open to some negotiations....but if hes like ours here....lol.... good luck.
Wow, driving the Jeep from a Malibu Maxx has to hurt the pocketbook quite a bit.

Back on topic, if you can get it anywhere near $15,000, I would say you have a great deal.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
LOL....nah the SS is not the best car on fuel, but the fun factor, man 130kmh in second gear......surprises LOTS people, for a Wagon...

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Hmmmmm..........Why buy a new year old car?
What about 1 year used? These guys have lots of them for $12k
http://www.usedcarking.com

The warranty start date wont start on the new till they sign the papers...the others are already been bagged on for a year, 12-15, for the 3 grand I would go new, the interest rate may still apply thru GMAC as well on the new 07, so that in itself is worth it.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Simple.......There ain't NO way any dealer is gonna take $15k for a almost $21k
sticker car (unless rebates are included).
Even with my GM employee discount on a Malibu in the 21k range I am looking
at $17xxx minus rebates. My 07 truck was $35k and the GM deal took off $5400
plus rebates................

We will see I guess..............

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.