GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you guys have seen this, but I havent seen it posted here and is the first time in a long time since I have seen this.

the green one looks ugly, almost like a cross over it looks so big... and the red one looks better with the sharper nose. I also like the glass roof.

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
The 2007 GTO is very hard to predict, on the account that GM changes their plans on a daily basis. ;) And in the past the MT drawings have not been all that accurate.

·
Registered
481 Posts
If the '07 GTO is on the Zeta platform (as is the Velite), from what I've read on this site, then we may get an even more accurate indication of what the next goat will look like (as well as Chevy's next GT, Camaro or otherwise) at the New York show. I don't rely on artists sketches or predictions at all, unless I'm reeeeally optimistic. The only sketches that have come close (IMO) are those of the '04 Malibu sedan (it was blue) and the '05 Cobalt (also blue).

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They were just playing around with the idea. They said they heard about the GTO possibly being made here in the US, and the went at it.
This concept shows a few things, and one thing that really sticks out...
It doesnt have scoops. That means that MT really doesnt care about hood scoops on the GTO. If they did, they would have included them eh? Just thought that was interesting.

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
There were a couple of nice sketches in the Road and Track from a few months ago, a little close to the 1966-1967 GTO's, there was a drawing of a coupe and a convertible.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by pontiaccrest@Mar 24 2004, 11:30 AM
Pontiac should build one to look like the 68-69 GTO :bounce:
No, they really shouldn't. Especialy thoes years.

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
[/QUOTE]Pontiac should build one to look like the 68-69 GTO
No, they really shouldn't. Especialy thoes years.
See....here is one of the problems with RETRO.

The GTO was made from 1964 to 1974, which year do you copy. If you make it look like a 1967, then all the people who wanted it to look like a 1970 are going to complain. If you make it look like a 1969, then all the people who wanted it to look like a 1967 are going to bitch.....etc..etc..etc..etc

It works for the Beetle, it didn't change for 40 years.

·
Registered
815 Posts
The GTO is best known for the 'Judge'.

It should take some points from that. Also, this was not a cheap hot rod. If you read, Delorean who headed it decided not to go the less expensive route. He kept the little things. And, it did not look plain or similiar to many cars. The Judge stood out from a distance. And like many street rods you did not have to wait until you saw the badges to know it was a Bad A$$ ride. There were some like that though. Just not the Judge.

I had a 1970 Grand Prix with a 455 (the first year they put it in there) and it was a sleeper. When I was in high school in the 80's many a vette and others learned that the hard way. Now, I drive a 01' WS6. I like to have a Bad A$$ ride that cannot be mistaken for something else or as a sleeper. Though I did like that 70' GP still.

:D

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
The sketches are too iffy to pass judgement. Seems like the 2004 theme is carried on. However you cut it, it will still a steep climb for acceptance.
Things might change once GM sees how the Dodge Charger comes off (isn't it the 2006-7 model year?). If the Charger is a hit, the GM boys will be scratching their collective heads.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Originally posted by bigals87z28@Mar 13 2004, 01:28 AM
I know some of you guys have seen this, but I havent seen it posted here and is the first time in a long time since I have seen this.

the green one looks ugly, almost like a cross over it looks so big... and the red one looks better with the sharper nose. I also like the glass roof.
I agree the nose loks better. I do not know if it is the angle or what?
I wonder how it would look with wider wheel wells and something with the hood and more to the nose?

:krider:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider@Mar 12 2004, 08:55 PM
I think the Red one accurately shows how the G6 coupe will look.
yeah its a G6 coupe, and the green one looks like it could be a pursuit coupe. you can see a hint of the Opel GTC Geneve concept.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts