GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Yukon Denali with a 6.2 and I've been having this ticking sound after driving for about 45 minutes then I'll stop and turn off the truck for about 10 minutes and it'll stop making the noise again and I can drive for another 45 minutes I haven't seen anything about ticking that comes and goes does anybody know anything about what's going on my oil pressure is good and have no check engine light

·
Registered
6,599 Posts
I have a 2007 Yukon Denali with a 6.2 and I've been having this ticking sound after driving for about 45 minutes then I'll stop and turn off the truck for about 10 minutes and it'll stop making the noise again and I can drive for another 45 minutes I haven't seen anything about ticking that comes and goes does anybody know anything about what's going on my oil pressure is good and have no check engine light
Did it just start or has it been happening for a while? First guess would be a valve issue. Sometime switching to a different "high mileage" oil can help with these types of minor issues.

·
Registered
17,456 Posts
Reminds me of when I broke up with a girl, whose deceased father was "connected". We had a really bad breakup - I was very nervous (for real) about starting my car or any ticking sounds! I'd start my car while standing outside with the door open and reaching in This was back in the early 90's when you didn't need your foot on the brake to start the car. I figured I'd have a better chance of living if the car blew....

Sorry, doesn't help with the ticking sound.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts

Engine oil volume correct? High quality oil filter? Correct viscosity oil? Is the oil overdue for change?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did it just start or has it been happening for a while? First guess would be a valve issue. Sometime switching to a different "high mileage" oil can help with these types of minor issues.
It actually happened to one of the time a long time ago about 6 months back after driving for about 45 minutes went to the store thought it was short on oil came back turned it on it wasn't taken anymore it's actually stopped ever since I've been driving it and still hasn't taken anymore
I thought it was my engine was messed up

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess it just on trips over 40 miles and only sometimes actually drove from Dallas to San Antonio and didn't have any problems and like I said ever since I posted this it stopped doing it and I've been driving it everyday it hasn't made that clicking tapping or ticking noise anymore

·
Registered
6,599 Posts
A clogged injector could cause intermittent ticking as well, but with probably some other side effects. Stick with high quality oil, filter, and gas to help keep the internals clean. Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the advice I always use premium gas and mobile 1 oil but Im hearing that mobile 1 might not be the best I will get my injectors cleaned and hope all is well thanks again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts